Chandler Jones Arrested in Las Vegas, Raiders Release Statement on His ‘Legal Matter’
Jones has been absent from the team since Sept. 6
The Las Vegas Raiders released a statement Friday following Chandler Jones' arrest in Las Vegas. The defensive end has been absent from the team since Sept. 6 due to what head coach Josh McDaniels told reporters was due to a "a private matter."
In the statement, the Raiders claim the situation with Jones has become a legal matter.
"The Raiders are hopeful that Chandler Jones receives the care that he needs. He, his family, and all those involved are in our thoughts. As this is now a legal matter, we will not be providing further comment."
Raiders head coach Josh McDaniels told reporters Friday that the arrest has not affected much.
"I'm going to stay with where I'm at," McDaniels said Friday when asked about Jones' arrest. "I don't have much to add to any of that. Nothing's changed on our end in terms of what his status is and everything else. It is what it is."
The NFL is currently investigating the situation as well, according to NFL.com.
"We have been closely monitoring the matter and have been in constant communication with the Raiders," the league said in the statement.
- Raiders Release Chandler Jones After Reported Arrest
- Chandler Jones Arrested for Second Time in The Last Month in Las Vegas
- Raiders Place Chandler Jones on Non-Football Illness List
- Raiders’ Jack Jones Claps Back At Travis Kelce for Trash Talk After Chiefs’ Loss to Las Vegas
- Raiders’ Josh McDaniels Refuses to Talk About Chandler Jones With All-Pro Edge Rusher Absent From Practice
- Tom Brady to Become Minority Owner in Las Vegas Raiders: Report
Jones has made several social media posts since his absence from the team began, including photos of a hand-written statement on Monday in which he accused the Las Vegas Fire Department of 'taking him against his will,' according to The Washington Post.
“All I know is whoever put me in here had bad intentions,” he wrote.
Jones, a four-time Pro Bowler and two-time All-Pro, signed a three-year, $51 million contract with Las Vegas in March 2022.
He was a first-round draft pick by the New England Patriots in 2012, and was part of New England's 2014 Super Bowl XLIX championship team.
Jones missed the team's playoff run the following year after being hospitalized due to a bad reaction to synthetic Marijuana, The Boston Globe first reported.
It took place just six days before the team's divisional round game against the Kansas City Chiefs. Jones was then traded in March 2016 to the Arizona Cardinals .
- Jim Harbaugh Opens up on Future at Michigan After CFP Title GameSports
- Dolphins’ Raheem Mostert Set a Goal of Being a First-Time All-Pro at 31 — How Is He Making It Happen?Sports
- Girl’s High School Basketball Game Canceled After Yonkers Players Use Anti-Semitic Slurs Against Jewish TeamSports
- US Olympic Swimmer Who Boycotted 1980 Summer Olympics in Russia Dies at Surf VenueNews
- Browns Giving Joe Flacco $75,000 Incentive to Not Play Final GameSports
- Jim Harbaugh Advocates for Paying College Athletes Team Revenue Again: ‘There’s No Voice For The Players’Sports
- LeBron James Says His Son Bronny Could Play for the Lakers Right Now, ‘Easy’Sports
- Kentucky Men’s Basketball Survives Near Upset to Florida on Game-Winning 3-PointerSports
- Vivek Ramaswamy Admits He Doesn’t Know Who Caitlin Clark Is at Iowa RallySports
- LeBron James Frustrated By Question About Ricky Rubio’s Retirement After Loss to GrizzliesSports
- Blackhawks’ Rookie Sensation Connor Bedard Put on Injured Reserve with Broken JawSports
- PWHL Check-In: Attendance Record, New York’s Venue Challenge, Physical PlaySports
