Trump Lashes Out at New York Judge Over Mar-a-Lago Valuation: ‘A Disgrace’
Engoron estimated the Florida property's value to be at around $18 million, Trump claims it is worth '50 to 100 times that amount'
Former President Donald Trump early Monday morning called for the resignation of Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron, blasting the judge over the valuation of his Mar-a-Lago home.
Engoron will preside over the civil fraud lawsuit Trump is facing in New York. The judge found Trump liable in the case last week, ordering the Trump Organization to be dissolved.
In the case, Engoron estimated Trump's Florida Mar-a-Lago property value to be at around $18 million. Trump claimed on Truth Social it is actually worth "50 to 100 times that amount," and called the judge's estimate fraudulent.
"Engoron is working diligently to misrepresent me, and my net worth, which is substantially MORE than is shown on my fully 'disclaimed' Financial Statements," Trump wrote. "I have not even included my most valuable asset - BRAND!"
The former president also called for the resignation of New York Attorney General Letitia James, who first launched the investigation into Trump's New York business that led to this lawsuit in 2019.
Trump accused both James and Engoron of attempting to interfere with the 2024 elections.
- Trump Calls New York Trial ‘Disgraceful,’ Says He’s Been Defrauded
- Trump Accuses New York Judge of Fraud, Says He Makes Trump ‘Look Bad’
- Eric Trump Blasts NY Judge, Says ‘Corrupt’ Ruling Undervalues Mar-a-Lago
- Trump Blasts NY AG Letitia James Over Mar-a-Lago Worth: ‘Should be Reprimanded and Sanctioned’
- In Trump Case, Judge Lets Florida Real Estate Pro Testify About Mar-a-Lago
- MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough Predicts Trump’s Attacks on New York Judge Will ‘Probably’ End In Call for ‘Execution’
"She is fully aware that Mar-a-Lago, and other assets, are worth much more than what she is claiming. Both of these Democrat Operatives are a disgrace to New York, and to the United States of America!" Trump said.
Engoron's ruling could lead to the former president losing control over his signature New York properties like Trump Tower, 40 Wall Street, Trump Park Avenue and the Seven Springs Estate.
Trump is expected to appear in court on Monday for the start of the $250 million trial.
- Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper Calls Trump ‘Threat to Democracy’Politics
- White House Officials Were Not Notified of Defense Secretary’s HospitalizationPolitics
- Ashli Babbitt’s Family Sues Government for $30 Million Over Jan. 6 DeathPolitics
- Trump Fails to Note Jan. 6 Anniversary, Other Than to Call Biden’s Speech About It ‘Ridiculous’Politics
- Jack Smith’s Latest Court Filing Slaps Trump’s ‘Baseless’ Motion to Hold Him in ContemptPolitics
- Vivek: ‘Happy Entrapment Day’Politics
- Trump-Backed Congressional Candidate Labels Jan. 6 Capitol Selfie ‘Peaceful Protest’Politics
- Vivek Ramaswamy Admits He Doesn’t Know Who Caitlin Clark Is at Iowa RallySports
- Donald Trump Jr. Wishes Everyone ‘Happy Fake Insurrection Day’News
- Obama Concerned About Biden Campaign, Encouraged Restructuring: ReportPolitics
- Chilling New Jan. 6 Video Shows GOP Reps Yelling at Violent Rioters Through Broken WindowsPolitics
- ‘Release the J6 Hostages’: Trump Calls for Freeing Rioters on Insurrection AnniversaryPolitics