Sen. Tim Scott Qualifies for Third GOP Primary Debate - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Sen. Tim Scott Qualifies for Third GOP Primary Debate

The third Republican presidential debate will be in Miami on Nov. 8 at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts

US Senator from South Carolina Tim ScottROBYN BECK/AFP via Getty Images

GOP presidential hopeful and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott has officially qualified for the third GOP debate on Nov. 8 in Miami, his campaign announced.

"We're excited about the response our campaign has received from conservatives across the country looking for a positive, optimistic message," Scott said in a statement. "Republicans are ready to elect faith-filled leadership to take on the biggest challenges facing our nation today."

Scott had already reached the four percent polling threshold and over the weekend, they said they met the 70,000 individual donor requirement set by the Republican National Committee in order to appear on the debate stage.

The senator will be joined at Miami's Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, former United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley, businessman Vivek Ramaswamy and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who have all confirmed their participation.

Former President Donald Trump, who has met the RNC qualifications, will once again be skipping the debate.

While Scott is polling in the single digits, his campaign says he has far exceeded the donor threshold and he has the most cash on hand in the Republican presidential candidate pool.

The third GOP debate will be hosted by NBC News and moderated by NBC's Lester Holt and Kristen Welker, along with conservative radio show host Hugh Hewitt.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.