Secret Service Concludes Probe Into White House Cocaine, No Suspect Identified
Officials could also not identify the moment or day the baggie of drugs were dropped
The Secret Service has concluded its investigation into the origins of cocaine found at the White House and have identified no suspect, The Messenger confirmed with a source familiar with the situation.
CNN first reported Secret Service officials found no suspect after working their way through surveillance footage and visitor logs. They were also unable to identify the moment or day the baggie of cocaine was dropped at the White House, according to the report.
A source familiar with the situation told The Messenger that the cubbies where the cocaine was found is not used by White House staff. They are used by visitors to the campus. The substance was found on Sunday and was likely from someone on a tour, the source said.
The cubbies were at the West Executive entrance to the West Wing basement.
White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre previously promised the Secret Service would "get to the bottom" of the matter.
In a briefing to reporters last week, Jean-Pierre also made a point of saying the area where the cocaine was found faces heavy traffic.
- Trump Blasts Secret Service Over End of White House Cocaine Investigation
- White House: Secret Service Investigation Into West Wing Cocaine Was ‘Thorough’
- Secret Service to Brief Lawmakers on White House Cocaine
- Republicans Want Briefing From Secret Service on White House Cocaine
- House Oversight Committee Chairman Slams Secret Service for ‘Unacceptable’ Cocaine at White House
- White House Responds to Cocaine Discovery in West Wing: Secret Service Will ‘Get to The Bottom of This’
"What I wanted to be very clear is that this is a heavily, heavily trafficked, heavily traveled, to be more accurate, area of the campus of the White House," she said.
The drugs were first found on July 2. Amid security concerns from Republican lawmakers, the Secret Service announced they would brief the Republican-led House Oversight Committee, a briefing that took place on Thursday.
A number of Republicans have blasted the Secret Service and Biden's administration over the drugs. House Oversight Chairman James Comer (R-Ky.) called the discovery it a "shameful" and "unacceptable" moment in history.
Some critics targets Biden and his family over the drugs, but the Biden family was in Camp David over that weekend.
"They were not here. They were at Camp David. They were not here Friday, they were not here Saturday or Sunday, they were not even here Monday. They came back on Tuesday. So to ask that question is actually incredibly irresponsible, and I’ll just leave it there," Jean-Pierre told a reporter asking if a member of the "Biden" family could be the owner of the substance.
Updated at 11:06 a.m.
- Border, Immigration Deal Not Happening This Week, Senators SayPolitics
- GOP Rep. Wants to Impeach Secretary of Defense After Secret Hospital StayPolitics
- Senate Ethics Panel Investigating Menendez, a Top Democrat SaysPolitics
- Congress Demands Accountability From Defense Secretary Over Delayed Hospitalization DisclosurePolitics
- Biden the Attack Dog: President Goes All in Fighting Like TrumpPolitics
- Vehicle Collides With White House Complex Gate, Secret Service InvestigatingPolitics
- Nikki Haley Hits Back at DeSantis PAC Claim Hillary Clinton Was Her ‘Inspiration’: ‘He’s Lying Because He’s Losing’Politics
- Nikki Haley Blasts Biden Over Defense Chief Austin’s HospitalizationPolitics
- Trump Co-Defendant Alleges Inappropriate Relationship Between Fulton County DA Fani Willis and ProsecutorPolitics
- Trump Asks Maine Court to Pause His 14th Amendment Appeal While Supreme Court Takes It UpPolitics
- Freedom Caucus Can’t Stomach Speaker Johnson’s ‘Bogus’ Spending DealPolitics
- Trump-Appointed Supreme Court Justice Don’t Owe Him ‘One Thing,’ Former DNC Chair Donna Brazile SaysPolitics