DeSantis Calls for Trump to Debate Him One v. One: ‘Get Out of Your Dungeon’
The Florida governor and 2024 GOP hopeful blasted the former president as a 'keyboard warrior' and suggested a Fox News debate
GOP presidential hopeful and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is calling for former President Donald Trump to debate him one-on-one as the Republican National Committee is reportedly lifting the rules prohibiting unsanctioned debates between candidates.
DeSantis floated his idea for a debate while appearing on Fox News with Laura Ingraham. The Florida governor pushed back on Trump on a number of issues, from criticism of his leadership during the COVID pandemic to the former president blaming the governor for Florida State University failing to make the college football playoffs.
"Maybe that's the reason we should have a debate on your show, Laura. Stop being a keyboard warrior and let’s step up and debate one-on-one. He's had a lot to say about me over the last year," DeSantis said. "Say it to my face. I'm game."
Ingraham noted the RNC's pushback to such debates previously.
A previous appearance of both Vivek Ramaswamy and Chris Christie was squashed as it violated the committee's rules on unsanctioned debates.
At a Tuesday press conference in Florida, DeSantis blasted Trump for skipping every GOP debate so far. He's also not expected to attend the fourth on Wednesday, which will air on NewsNation.
"If you're going to be a keyboard warrior, get out of your dungeon, get off the keyboard, stand on the debate stage, and let's go," the governor said.
- DeSantis Hits Haley for Not Debating Him on Fox News, Despite RNC Nixing Such Events
- Trump Team Puts DeSantis, RNC, Fox on Blast Ahead of Debate
- DeSantis On Debating Nikki Haley: ‘Count Me In’
- DeSantis Says He Will Attend First GOP Debate —Trump or No Trump
- DeSantis Challenges Trump To Debate Following Newsom Fox News Event
- Trump Blasts GOP Over Debates, Calls to ‘Revamp the RNC’
- Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper Calls Trump ‘Threat to Democracy’Politics
- White House Officials Were Not Notified of Defense Secretary’s HospitalizationPolitics
- Ashli Babbitt’s Family Sues Government for $30 Million Over Jan. 6 DeathPolitics
- Trump Fails to Note Jan. 6 Anniversary, Other Than to Call Biden’s Speech About It ‘Ridiculous’Politics
- Jack Smith’s Latest Court Filing Slaps Trump’s ‘Baseless’ Motion to Hold Him in ContemptPolitics
- Vivek: ‘Happy Entrapment Day’Politics
- Trump-Backed Congressional Candidate Labels Jan. 6 Capitol Selfie ‘Peaceful Protest’Politics
- Vivek Ramaswamy Admits He Doesn’t Know Who Caitlin Clark Is at Iowa RallySports
- Donald Trump Jr. Wishes Everyone ‘Happy Fake Insurrection Day’News
- Obama Concerned About Biden Campaign, Encouraged Restructuring: ReportPolitics
- Chilling New Jan. 6 Video Shows GOP Reps Yelling at Violent Rioters Through Broken WindowsPolitics
- ‘Release the J6 Hostages’: Trump Calls for Freeing Rioters on Insurrection AnniversaryPolitics
