Roger Stone Caught on Film in Secret Chat With Proud Boys Leader Before 2020 Vote
Trump confidante and key architect of plot to overturn presidential election had secret talk with Enrique Tarrio, who was later sentenced to 22 years for seditious conspiracy
Long-time Donald Trump confidante and adviser Roger Stone has been captured in a new documentary chatting with the former head of the Proud Boys the day before the 2020 presidential election.
After he greets Enrique Tarrio, the one-time boss of the right-wing militant group, Stone waves away and walks from a camera and tech people filming scenes for "A Storm Foretold," a documentary about the events leading up to the Capitol insurrection that's premiering Friday.
Tarrio was sentenced last year to 22 years in prison for seditious conspiracy in the Jan. 6 raid on the U.S. Capitol. Stone, a self-described political "dirty trickster," was a key architect of the push to overturn the 2020 presidential election results that triggered insurrectionists.
Stone for some reason granted Danish documentary director Christoffer Guldbrandsen access to his activities before the 2020 presidential election — but not close enough for the Tarrio conversation.
“Stone had been busy, launching ‘Stop the Steal’ and mobilizing Trump allies and had just gotten off the phone with General Flynn, when Enrique Tarrio, the national leader of the Proud Boys, called," Guldbrandsen told the Rolling Stone, which was given a copy of the clip.
"Tarrio’s voice was inaudible, but Stone is heard telling him that he is still waiting for an update from the campaign — before he says he needs to talk without the camera rolling,” said Guldbrandsen.
- Ex-Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio Sentenced to 22 Years
- There are more Proud Boys chapters nationwide than before Jan. 6
- Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio’s Sentencing Has Been Postponed
- DC Police Lieutenant Arrested for Allegedly Leaking Information to Proud Boys Leader
- Federal Prosecutors Seeking 33-Year Sentence for Former Proud Boys Leader Enrique Tarrio
- Ex-Proud Boys Leader Sentenced to 40 Months in Prison
"I heard you got stabbed," Stone can be heard in the clip telling Tarrio, who was slashed in a brawl near a bar in Washington D.C. two days before the presidential election.
"Congratulations," Stone added.
- GOP Rep. Wants to Impeach Secretary of Defense After Secret Hospital StayPolitics
- Senate Ethics Panel Investigating Menendez, a Top Democrat SaysPolitics
- Congress Demands Accountability From Defense Secretary Over Delayed Hospitalization DisclosurePolitics
- Biden the Attack Dog: President Goes All in Fighting Like TrumpPolitics
- Vehicle Collides With White House Complex Gate, Secret Service InvestigatingPolitics
- Nikki Haley Hits Back at DeSantis PAC Claim Hillary Clinton Was Her ‘Inspiration’: ‘He’s Lying Because He’s Losing’Politics
- Nikki Haley Blasts Biden Over Defense Chief Austin’s HospitalizationPolitics
- Trump Co-Defendant Alleges Inappropriate Relationship Between Fulton County DA Fani Willis and ProsecutorPolitics
- Trump Asks Maine Court to Pause His 14th Amendment Appeal While Supreme Court Takes It UpPolitics
- Freedom Caucus Can’t Stomach Speaker Johnson’s ‘Bogus’ Spending DealPolitics
- Trump-Appointed Supreme Court Justice Don’t Owe Him ‘One Thing,’ Former DNC Chair Donna Brazile SaysPolitics
- CNN Interview Goes Off the Rails Over Missouri Official’s Promise to Boot Biden From State BallotPolitics
