Spokesperson Torches Reports Saying Former CNN Boss Jeff Zucker Is Trying To Buy The Network
Risa Heller called rumors of the planned takeover 'aggressively false'
A spokesperson for former CNN head Jeff Zucker sternly denied reports that the he's looking to purchase the network.
Zucker resigned from CNN in 2022 after an affair with a colleague came to light. The longtime boss was replaced by Chris Licht under a new company merger, but Licht was out last month after his own leadership came under fire.
According to a Variety report this week, Zucker is now part of a power struggle to take control of CNN, but spokesperson Risa Heller shot down the report.
According to the piece, Zucker has tried recruiting big names like Jeff Bezos to join in funding a bid to gobble up CNN. Warner Bros. Discovery has denied that they are interested in losing CNN.
"There used to be a time when Variety held its content and its reporters to a high standard of truth and facts in journalism, but those days are clearly over. It is stunning to read a piece that is so patently and aggressively false," Heller told Fox News Digital.
According to Heller, Zucker's team disputed multiple instances in the piece before its publication.
"He has never discussed buying CNN with Jeff Bezos, Laurene Powell Jobs or Alex Soros. Jeff has never met or spoken to Alex Soros," she told Variety.
- Billionaire Mogul Offers to Take Over CNN for $1 Dollar Salary: ‘Jeff Zucker Took It Into the Sewer’
- Former CNN Chief Jeff Zucker’s RedBird IMI Buys Stake in Front Office Sports
- Ex-CNN Anchor Don Lemon Says Chris Licht’s Firing Makes Him Feel ‘Vindicated’
- CNN Drama: Why CEO Chris Licht Could Be a Goner
- Jeff Zucker’s Deal to Get Back Into the Media Biz Is Being Eyeballed by the UK
- The Coup at CNN: Chris Licht Appeared Doomed from Day One
- Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper Calls Trump ‘Threat to Democracy’Politics
- White House Officials Were Not Notified of Defense Secretary’s HospitalizationPolitics
- Ashli Babbitt’s Family Sues Government for $30 Million Over Jan. 6 DeathPolitics
- Trump Fails to Note Jan. 6 Anniversary, Other Than to Call Biden’s Speech About It ‘Ridiculous’Politics
- Jack Smith’s Latest Court Filing Slaps Trump’s ‘Baseless’ Motion to Hold Him in ContemptPolitics
- Vivek: ‘Happy Entrapment Day’Politics
- Trump-Backed Congressional Candidate Labels Jan. 6 Capitol Selfie ‘Peaceful Protest’Politics
- Vivek Ramaswamy Admits He Doesn’t Know Who Caitlin Clark Is at Iowa RallySports
- Donald Trump Jr. Wishes Everyone ‘Happy Fake Insurrection Day’News
- Obama Concerned About Biden Campaign, Encouraged Restructuring: ReportPolitics
- Chilling New Jan. 6 Video Shows GOP Reps Yelling at Violent Rioters Through Broken WindowsPolitics
- ‘Release the J6 Hostages’: Trump Calls for Freeing Rioters on Insurrection AnniversaryPolitics
