Pence on Presidential Bid: ‘It’s Always Been an Uphill Climb’
Pence explained that he felt it was his duty to enter the 2024 race for the White House through his experience as a congressman, governor, and vice president
Former Vice President Mike Pence says his 2024 campaign for the Oval Office has been an "uphill climb," but he argues that he has the most experience among the presidential hopefuls in the running.
On Friday, Pence sat for a radio interview with Steve Scully on SiriusXM where he reflected on the financial struggles of his campaign.
“Other campaigns have a little bit more money than us, but no one’s got more enthusiasm and no one’s got more experience, so that’s the message we’re going to continue to carry all across the country in the days ahead,” Pence told Scully in the interview, which was first shared reported by The Hill.
Pence encouraged voters who “want to see the most tested and the most experienced conservative in the race” to donate to his campaign so can make it through in early primary states where may not have the resources needed to get there.
“The truth is for me it’s always been an uphill climb,” Pence told Scully, according to The Hill. The presidential hopeful reportedly explained that he felt it was his duty to enter the 2024 race for the White House through his experience as a congressman, governor, and vice president.
“I looked at all of that experience and concluded we just couldn’t sit this one out,” Pence said.
- Mike Pence Quits Presidential Campaign
- Mike Pence Qualifies for First GOP Presidential Primary Debate
- Mike Pence: Right Man, Maybe. Wrong Time
- Mike Pence Meets Volodymr Zelenskyy in Surprise Visit to Ukraine
- Will the Real Mike Pence Stand Up on the Campaign Trail?
- Pence Files Paperwork for 2024 Presidential Bid
In the race, Pence is trailing behind a number of contenders, including former President Donald Trump, to whom Pence served as vice president.
So far, Pence has qualified for two out of three Republican debates and although he has signaled that he has met the polling threshold to appear at the third debate in Miami on Nov. 8, he has not yet achieved the 70,000 individual donor threshold required by the Republican National Committee.
“We’re working hard to be there,” Pence said.
He added: “I believe with all humility that I’m the most qualified, the most experienced, the most tested conservative in this race."
- Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper Calls Trump ‘Threat to Democracy’Politics
- White House Officials Were Not Notified of Defense Secretary’s HospitalizationPolitics
- Ashli Babbitt’s Family Sues Government for $30 Million Over Jan. 6 DeathPolitics
- Trump Fails to Note Jan. 6 Anniversary, Other Than to Call Biden’s Speech About It ‘Ridiculous’Politics
- Jack Smith’s Latest Court Filing Slaps Trump’s ‘Baseless’ Motion to Hold Him in ContemptPolitics
- Vivek: ‘Happy Entrapment Day’Politics
- Trump-Backed Congressional Candidate Labels Jan. 6 Capitol Selfie ‘Peaceful Protest’Politics
- Vivek Ramaswamy Admits He Doesn’t Know Who Caitlin Clark Is at Iowa RallySports
- Donald Trump Jr. Wishes Everyone ‘Happy Fake Insurrection Day’News
- Obama Concerned About Biden Campaign, Encouraged Restructuring: ReportPolitics
- Chilling New Jan. 6 Video Shows GOP Reps Yelling at Violent Rioters Through Broken WindowsPolitics
- ‘Release the J6 Hostages’: Trump Calls for Freeing Rioters on Insurrection AnniversaryPolitics