Fox Tries to Woo Trump to Attend Debate After Indictment: Report
Trump met with Fox News' president and its chief executive to talk about participating in the first GOP debate.
Donald Trump met with executives from Fox News for dinner on Tuesday after learning about his third indictment, according to the New York Times' sources.
The meeting between the former president and Fox News' president Jay Wallace and its chief executive Suzanne Scott was meant to discuss the former president's participation in the first GOP presidential debate. Fox News is pitching the debate as an opportunity for Trump to show his skills, to which the former president responded he would keep an open mind, the Times reported.
Trump was indicted on Tuesday, late in the afternoon. The dinner was scheduled before it happened, according to the Times' sources, and it was cordial.
The former president is being charged for conspiracy to defraud the government, conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding, obstruction of and attempt to obstruct an official proceeding and conspiracy against rights.
Although not giving the Fox News' executive an answer, Trump has been hinting at a possible appearance at the debate, even though he had been against it in the past.
Trump spokesperson Steven Cheung told the Times he "won’t discuss a private meeting." Similarly, a Fox News spokesperson also declined to comment.
- Fox & Friends Hosts Ask Trump to Attend Debate: ‘Don’t Take the Voters for Granted’
- Trump Jr. to Attend Debate in Milwaukee as Surrogate for Father
- Fox News Anchors Prep For Debate, With or Without Trump
- DeSantis Says He Will Attend First GOP Debate —Trump or No Trump
- Fox & Friends Host Says Trump Is Helping Biden By Not Showing Up for Debate
- Piers Morgan Tells Trump Not to Be ‘Cowardly,’ Appear at Fox News Debate
- Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper Calls Trump ‘Threat to Democracy’Politics
- White House Officials Were Not Notified of Defense Secretary’s HospitalizationPolitics
- Ashli Babbitt’s Family Sues Government for $30 Million Over Jan. 6 DeathPolitics
- Trump Fails to Note Jan. 6 Anniversary, Other Than to Call Biden’s Speech About It ‘Ridiculous’Politics
- Jack Smith’s Latest Court Filing Slaps Trump’s ‘Baseless’ Motion to Hold Him in ContemptPolitics
- Vivek: ‘Happy Entrapment Day’Politics
- Trump-Backed Congressional Candidate Labels Jan. 6 Capitol Selfie ‘Peaceful Protest’Politics
- Vivek Ramaswamy Admits He Doesn’t Know Who Caitlin Clark Is at Iowa RallySports
- Donald Trump Jr. Wishes Everyone ‘Happy Fake Insurrection Day’News
- Obama Concerned About Biden Campaign, Encouraged Restructuring: ReportPolitics
- Chilling New Jan. 6 Video Shows GOP Reps Yelling at Violent Rioters Through Broken WindowsPolitics
- ‘Release the J6 Hostages’: Trump Calls for Freeing Rioters on Insurrection AnniversaryPolitics
