Fox Memo Says No Opening or Closing Remarks in Next GOP Debate: Report
According to the memo, follow-ups will be at the moderators’ discretion
Republican presidential hopefuls at the second GOP Primary Debate will not get to deliver opening or closing remarks, according to a new Fox News Media memo sent to presidential campaigns obtained by The Hill.
During the first debate, candidates were only allowed closing statements. According to the memo, follow-ups within the debate will be at the moderators’ discretion, who will also enforce all time limits.
The next debate will happen on Sept. 27 at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif., and will be modertated by Fox News's Stuart Varney and Dana Perino, and Univision's Ilia Calderón.
To qualify, candidates must hit either 3% in two national polls, or 3% in one national poll and 3% in two polls from two separate early states that the RNC recognizes, including Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina. They also must have 50,000 unique donors and at least 200 unique donors from at least 20 states or territories.
So far, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, biotech entrepreneur Vivek Ramaswamy, former Ambassador Nikki Haley, former Vice President Mike Pence, former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., have qualified, according to The New York Times — it is unclear whether former President Donald Trump could participate or not, given that he hasn't signed the RNC pledge to support the Republican nominee.
The former president skipped the first debate, opting to do a sit down interview with Tucker Carlson on X instead.
- Fox News Host Hannity Says GOP Group Attempting to ‘Draft’ Trump for Speaker, Says Former President Is ‘Open’ to It
- Biden Campaign Sends Memo Saying It Expects ‘Very Close Race’ in 2024
- Fox News Hits Nearly 13M Viewers for GOP Debate
- DeSantis: Leaked Memo Is ‘Not Mine’
- MSNBC Host Scarborough Says Trump War With Fox News Reveals ‘Splintered’ GOP
- DeSantis Debate Strategy Revealed in Memos Posted Online: Report
- Border, Immigration Deal Not Happening This Week, Senators SayPolitics
- GOP Rep. Wants to Impeach Secretary of Defense After Secret Hospital StayPolitics
- Senate Ethics Panel Investigating Menendez, a Top Democrat SaysPolitics
- Congress Demands Accountability From Defense Secretary Over Delayed Hospitalization DisclosurePolitics
- Biden the Attack Dog: President Goes All in Fighting Like TrumpPolitics
- Vehicle Collides With White House Complex Gate, Secret Service InvestigatingPolitics
- Nikki Haley Hits Back at DeSantis PAC Claim Hillary Clinton Was Her ‘Inspiration’: ‘He’s Lying Because He’s Losing’Politics
- Nikki Haley Blasts Biden Over Defense Chief Austin’s HospitalizationPolitics
- Trump Co-Defendant Alleges Inappropriate Relationship Between Fulton County DA Fani Willis and ProsecutorPolitics
- Trump Asks Maine Court to Pause His 14th Amendment Appeal While Supreme Court Takes It UpPolitics
- Freedom Caucus Can’t Stomach Speaker Johnson’s ‘Bogus’ Spending DealPolitics
- Trump-Appointed Supreme Court Justice Don’t Owe Him ‘One Thing,’ Former DNC Chair Donna Brazile SaysPolitics
