Blinken Deletes Social Media Post About Meeting With Turkish Foreign Minister to Discuss Israel Attacks - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Blinken Deletes Social Media Post About Meeting With Turkish Foreign Minister to Discuss Israel Attacks

Blinken mentioned a 'cease-fire' in his since deleted post

Blinken on Sunday expressed gratitude for Cyprus’ efforts in facilitating the transport of evacuees from Gaza after Hamas attacked Israel last month, the Wall Street Journal reported.SAUL LOEB/AFP via Getty Images

Secretary of State Antony Blinken on Sunday posted and deleted on social about a meeting he said he had with Turkish Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan to discuss the Hamas attacks in Israel.

In the post, Blinken said they had spoken about the "terrorist attacks on Israel."

"I encouraged Türkiye's advocacy for a cease-fire and the release of all hostages held by Hamas immediately," the Secretary of State said in his since deleted post on X.

Secretary Antony Blinken posted and deleted this message to Twitter.
Secretary Antony Blinken/X

Blinken released a statement on Saturday about the attacks, condemning terrorism and standing "in solidarity with the government and people of Israel."

The U.S. Office of Palestinian Affairs also deleted an X post on Saturday where they had urged "all sides to refrain from violence and retaliatory attacks."

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.