Biden Admin Moves Forward With Sale of Trump Border Wall Materials: Report
Republican Senators previously estimated that storing these materials was costing the government $130,000 a day
The Biden Administration is ready to sell leftover materials from former President Donald Trump's wall construction between the U.S. and Mexico, according to a Power Corridor report.
After President Biden took office, he put a halt to the construction initiated by Trump. Now, millions of dollars of construction materials paid for by U.S. taxpayers sit unused.
The Defense Logistics Agency, a support agency to the Department of Defense, confirmed to the Power Corridor that the Pentagon is ready to sell said materials, mainly through the auction website Gov Planet.
The platform is not advertising them as leftovers from the wall, only referring to them as "industrial steel tubing," according to the report.
Republican Senators signed a letter in March criticizing that "the Department of Defense has spent more than $300 million in taxpayer dollars on unused border wall panels since President Biden ordered a halt to construction of the wall in 2021," and that storing and maintaining that material cost about $130,000 daily.
- AOC Criticizes Biden’s ‘Cruel Policy’ on Border Wall
- Sen. Ted Cruz Blasts Biden Border Wall Move as ‘Window Dressing’
- Biden Administration Border Wall Plans Anger Environmental, Indigenous Groups
- Biden Says He Can’t Stop Border Wall Construction
- Senate Republicans Send Biden Letter Calling for Expansion of Border Wall
- Trump Lashes Out at ‘Loser’ Christie Over Border Wall: He ‘Keeps Repeating the Lies’
- Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper Calls Trump ‘Threat to Democracy’Politics
- White House Officials Were Not Notified of Defense Secretary’s HospitalizationPolitics
- Ashli Babbitt’s Family Sues Government for $30 Million Over Jan. 6 DeathPolitics
- Trump Fails to Note Jan. 6 Anniversary, Other Than to Call Biden’s Speech About It ‘Ridiculous’Politics
- Jack Smith’s Latest Court Filing Slaps Trump’s ‘Baseless’ Motion to Hold Him in ContemptPolitics
- Vivek: ‘Happy Entrapment Day’Politics
- Trump-Backed Congressional Candidate Labels Jan. 6 Capitol Selfie ‘Peaceful Protest’Politics
- Vivek Ramaswamy Admits He Doesn’t Know Who Caitlin Clark Is at Iowa RallySports
- Donald Trump Jr. Wishes Everyone ‘Happy Fake Insurrection Day’News
- Obama Concerned About Biden Campaign, Encouraged Restructuring: ReportPolitics
- Chilling New Jan. 6 Video Shows GOP Reps Yelling at Violent Rioters Through Broken WindowsPolitics
- ‘Release the J6 Hostages’: Trump Calls for Freeing Rioters on Insurrection AnniversaryPolitics