Zuckerberg Reportedly 'Serious' About Fighting Musk - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Zuckerberg Reportedly ‘Serious’ About Fighting Musk

The 51-year-old Twitter owner, meanwhile, seems to be backing down

Tesla CEO Elon Musk gestures as he arrives to visit the construction site of the future US electric car giant Tesla, on September 03, 2020 in Gruenheide near Berlin. – Tesla builds a compound at the site in Gruenheide in Brandenburg for its first European “Gigafactory” near Berlin. (Photo by Odd ANDERSEN / AFP) (Photo […]Mark Zuckerberg/Instagram; ODD ANDERSEN/AFP via Getty Images

The prospect of two of the richest men in the world fighting each other in a cage match may sound far-fetched, even for 2023. But at least one of those men seems ready to jump in the ring. 

Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO of Facebook and Instagram parent company Meta, is “serious” about physically fighting Elon Musk and “is now waiting on the details,” according to The Verge’s Alex Heath.


Zuckerberg shot back to Musk saying he was “up for a cage fight” with the Facebook founder, posting “send me location” on a screenshot of the tweet. 

A Meta spokesperson told reporters that the “story speaks for itself.”

While Zuckerberg may appear ready to rumble, Musk seems less so. The Tesla co-founder and current Twitter owner replied to Zuckerberg’s response with “Vegas Octagon,” suggesting the two do battle at the UFC arena, but has since backed down, joking about how he doesn't exercise.

Zuckerberg, meanwhile, is in the best shape of his life.

The 39-year-old has been training with professional mixed martial arts fighters and has won jiu-jitsu tournaments as recently as last month. On Memorial Day, he posted on Instagram about completing a grueling workout of 100 pullups, 200 pushups, 300 squats and a mile run in under an hour – all while wearing a 20-lb. weighted vest. 

In business, the two billionaires have already been sparring. Meta is said to be moving full-steam ahead on a Twitter clone in an attempt to take advantage of some of the chaos that’s enveloped the social platform since Musk’s takeover last year. Musk has been responding to those reports with his own zingers aimed at Zuckerberg, calling him a copycat and worse.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.