Teen Arrested After Nine-Day Crime Spree: ‘The Community Can Breathe a Sigh of Relief’
Brian Amerman was wanted for armed holdups, shooting, carjackings and pistol whippings.
The Philadelphia Police Department has taken a 19-year-old suspect into custody, following an alleged nine-day crime spree. The teenager, Brian Amerman, is accused of a string of violent crimes, including armed holdups, shootings, carjackings, and pistol whippings, across Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Three arrest warrants had been issued for Amerman, two for carjackings and one for attempted murder. The U.S. Marshals Philadelphia Fugitive Task Force apprehended him earlier today. Amerman was also sought on a previous warrant for resisting arrest, issued in 2022.
Amerman is believed to be involved in a series of violent incidents in the city, with at least three occurring at an ATM. According to a release from law enforcement, Marshals contacted a relative of Amerman who confirmed his location at a residence previously identified through an anonymous tip. He was subsequently arrested without incident.
- Man Arrested After Shooting Teen Playing Hide-and-Seek in His Yard
- Teens Arrested After Attempted School Bus Shooting
- Ex-Biden Nuclear Waste Expert Arrested as ‘Fugitive’ for Another Alleged Suitcase Theft
- Man Arrested for Trespassing Now Charged with Four Counts of Murder
- World in Photos: Italy arrests most wanted Mafia fugitive — but prosecutors warn against thinking ‘the game is over’
“The greater Philadelphia community can breathe a sigh of relief with Brian Amerman’s cowardly, callous and violent crime spree having been brought to a swift conclusion,” Eric Gartner, United States Marshal for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, said in the release.
This isn't Amerman's first brush with the law; he has previously been charged with simple assault.
You are now signed up for our newsletter.
- New York Limo Service Operator Sentenced to Minimum of 5 Years for Deaths of 20News
- BU President Slams Students for Heckling Studio Exec During CommencementNews
- High School for Sale on Zillow as 5-Bedroom Home, Asking $60KNews
- Scientists Identify Bacteria Able to Break Down ‘Forever Chemicals’News
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon Discussed Epstein’s Accounts for Years, Former Exec AllegesNews
- NASA’s UFO Task Force to Host First Meeting for Public BriefingNews
- Canadian Wildfires Bring Haze, Air Quality Alerts to United StatesNews
- Wary of Banks, Americans Stash Cash at Home – in the Fridge, Suitcases, Even Toilet Water TanksMoney
- Israel’s Mossad Confirms Ex-Agent Was One of 4 Who Died When Boat Sank in ItalyNews
- UN Pushes Deal to Avert Disaster at Ukraine Nuclear PlantNews
- WATCH: Car Goes Airborne After Driving Up Back of Tow Truck at Full SpeedNews
- Astronauts on Commercial Mission Splash Down in Return From International Space StationNews