Starbucks fired a transgender woman after a video of her having a heated disagreement with a customer garnered more than 4 million views online.
The altercation occurred in Southampton, Hampshire, a town in the United Kingdom.
The 56-second video clip opens with a customer yelling at the barista, "Don’t ever call me transphobic! Ever! You do not know me!” The barista responded, "You’re calling me a man. You’re being transphobic, Karen, now get out.”
In the remainder of the video clip, the barista tells the woman to leave the Starbucks five times and repeatedly warns her that she is trespassing in the cafe. The worker then approaches the man filming the interaction and seems to push the camera out of the way.
- Gas Station Worker Who Locked Customers in with Gunman Ordered to Trial for Involuntary Manslaughter
- Uber’s ‘Don’t Call Me Karen’ Diversity Chief Placed on Leave
- Hospital Places Worker on Leave Over Video of Confrontation With Black Man Over Bike
- Los Angeles Starbucks Switches to Take-Out-Only Over Safety Issues
- Starbucks is Switching to Nugget Ice and People are Not Happy
A Starbucks spokesman told the Daily Mail, "The licensee has confirmed that the partner no longer works at the company."
Also in a statement to the Daily Mail, the Hampshire police said that they, "received a report of an assault at Starbucks in Beresford House, Town Quay in Southampton" and that an investigation was on-going.
You are now signed up for our newsletter.
- Wildfire Air Pollution Levels Among Highest Ever in U.S. HistoryNews
- Kellyanne Conway Predicts Cornel West’s Run is Major Threat to BidenNews
- Ukraine Rushing Drinking Water to Residents After Dam CatastropheNews
- Fox News: Tucker Carlson Breached His Contract with New Twitter ShowNews
- New York Air Quality Hits Worst Level of Any Major City in the WorldNews
- Newly Discovered Dinosaur Species in Utah Believed to Be 99 Million Years OldNews
- Canadian Wildfires: How They Started and When the Smoke Will ClearNews
- Father of 4 Dies After Saving Son From Rip Current on Daughter’s BirthdayNews
- Juarez Offers to Pay Half the Cost of Bus Tickets Home for Migrants Gathered ThereNews
- NYC Suing 30 Other New York Counties Over Refusal to Take MigrantsNews
- Wildfires Increase Heart Attack Risk, Other Cardiovascular ConditionsNews
- Pride Month Plans Trigger Violent Brawl and Arrests at California School Board MeetingNews