Senior Class Trashes School in Prank — and the Principal Gave Them the Keys
Items from teachers' desks were scattered about the school. Plants and a microwave were discovered in toilets.
Officials in Lawndale, North Carolina, say a recent senior class prank left an entire high school in shambles — and the principal may have unwittingly facilitated it.
According to the Charlotte Observer, the senior students behind the vandalism — which pushed some teachers to tears — were provided keys to Burns High School by the principal.
The report asserts that the students led the principal to believe they would be decorating the school with streamers and balloons.
Instead, the building was trashed late last week.
- Six Hospitalized in High School Fart Spray Prank Gone Wrong
- Teachers Bombard Students With Water Balloons in Hilarious Summer Send Off
- YouTuber MrBeast ‘Arrested’ In Retaliatory Prank
- High School Senior Wins Seat On School Board
- Texas High School Delays Graduation after Most of Senior Class Found Ineligible to Graduate
Items from teachers' desks were found scattered about the school. Desks were overturned or found stacked in a pile.
Plants and a microwave from the teachers' lounge were also discovered in toilets in the school.
WSOC-TV reports that a collection of crickets was also released in the school, the floors of which were coated with baby oil. Doorknobs were slathered with petroleum jelly.
"To see this happen is a total disrespect for the school, the school board, and all the teachers and all the students that didn't participate in this," said Cleveland County School Board member Ronnie Grigg, speaking to WSOC-TV.
Teachers and custodians spent hours cleaning the school.
Grigg noted that the school board recently approved $12 million in renovations at Burns High.
The Observer reports the school board held a closed session meeting Monday night to discuss the prank, but it was unclear what came of those proceedings.
You are now signed up for our newsletter.
- NASA’s UFO Task Force to Host First Meeting for Public BriefingNews
- Canadian Wildfires Bring Haze, Air Quality Alerts to United StatesNews
- Biden-McCarthy Debt Limit Deal Scores 7.2 on The Messenger ScaleNews
- Wary of Banks, Americans Stash Cash at Home – in the Fridge, Suitcases, Even Toilet Water TanksMoney
- Israel’s Mossad Confirms Ex-Agent Was One of 4 Who Died When Boat Sank in ItalyNews
- UN Pushes Deal to Avert Disaster at Ukraine Nuclear PlantNews
- Astronauts on Commercial Mission Splash Down in Return From International Space StationNews
- Jimmy Butler Applies to Trademark Nickname Mashup Ahead of Finals RunNews
- Bugatti-Designed Tower in Dubai Will Let Residents Drive Up to Their FloorsNews
- LA Mayor Declines $600 Gift Bag from Kardashian-JennersNews
- Alabama Extends Existing Ban on Transgender Athletes from K-12 to Colleges and UniversitiesNews
- Video of Idaho Police Fatally Shooting Two Dogs Running on Highway Sparks Online OutrageNews