Parents Arrested After Seven Kids Found Living in ‘Deplorable’ Conditions with Padlocked Fridge
The kids didn't know when their birthdays were when officers found them
Police have charged two parents in Pennsylvania after finding seven malnourished children aged between 4 and 16, who lacked basic knowledge like their birthdays, living in their home with a padlocked fridge.
Shane William Robertson, 43, and the mother, Crystal Robertson, 37, of West Rockhill Township, are charged with seven felony counts each of endangering the welfare of children.
Pennridge Regional Police started investigating reports of children entering an abandoned trailer on April 23.
When they arrived, police found three children and brought them back to their parents next door. Inside, the refrigerator door was padlocked, which the parents told officers was because they had little money and had to keep the kids away from the food.
- Father Allegedly Killed by Ex-Wife’s Boyfriend Shortly After Winning Custody of Children
- 7-year-old Shot by Younger Sibling in Ohio: Police
- Robert De Niro Says Parenting ‘Never Gets Easier’ After Welcoming 7th Baby
- Mom of Four with Seven DUIs Thinks Prison is the Best Place for Her
- Mom Claims Hackers Have Been Chatting With Her Child Through a Baby Monitor
Officers went back later in the day with a representative from Bucks County Children and Youth, and said they found four more children hidden in a bedroom.
"During the course of seven Child Advocacy Center interviews, it was found that none of the seven children had attended school and lacked basic knowledge to include their birthdays," Pennridge Regional Police said in a statement.
"Additionally, the children exhibited social anxiety and disclosed that they did not like being in public or around other people."
Medical professionals found the seven children were severely malnourished and lacked basic hygiene, with two needing their heads shaved because their hair was matted, according to the statement.
All the children have been taken into protective custody.
You are now signed up for our newsletter.
- Murdered Cash App Founder Bob Lee ‘Threw Money Around Like Confetti,’ Says Party Scene Pal (Exclusive)News
- eBay Founder Donates to Defund the Police Causes While Investing Millions in Private Security Start-upNews
- Russia’s Largest Drone Strike on Kyiv Lasted Over Five Hours, Official SaysNews
- British Military Used Shock ‘Treatment’ on Gay Soldiers: ReportNews
- Boston Celtics’ Derrick White Hits Buzzer-Beater to Force Game 7 in Eastern Conference FinalsNews
- At Least 3 Dead, Others Injured in Shootout at Massive New Mexico Motorcycle RallyNews
- Elon Musk Yanks Twitter Out of EU Pact Aimed at Tackling Online DisinformationNews
- Judge Rules School District Can Bar Student From Wearing US/Mexican Flag Sash at GraduationNews
- Man Rails against Possible Short Sentence for Priest He Accuses of Molesting Him as a BoyNews
- Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters Says Nazi-Reminiscent Costume at Berlin Show Was ‘Clearly’ Anti-Fascist StatementNews
- ‘Malibu Sniper’ Convicted of Killing Dad Camping with DaughtersNews
- Florida Residents’ Strategy to Solve Growing Iguana Problem Scares NeighborsNews