Over 12,300 Dead in Gaza, Health Ministry Says, as Israel Pushes Further Into Hamas Strongholds
Israeli army spokesperson Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said on Saturday that the IDF has expanded into two Hamas strongholds in Gaza
The death toll in Gaza has reached 12,300 people, Gaza’s health ministry said, as Israeli forces continue to expand operations across the war-torn strip.
The Times of Israel reported on Saturday that the Hamas-led Gaza health ministry says the updated death toll comprises more than 5,000 children and 3,300 women.
The Gazan death toll has been climbing for weeks, as Israeli forces and Hamas terrorists enter their seventh week of conflict. The bloody conflict was sparked by a surprise attack on southern Israel launched by Hamas militants on October 7. Israel, in its response, declared a “total siege” and cut off power to Gaza, which is controlled by Hamas.
Since then, Israeli forces have been pummeling the area with airstrikes and a massive bombing campaign, striking thousands of Gazan targets at the highest intensities and frequencies than ever before, as The Messenger previously reported.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has repeatedly vowed to unleash fury on Gaza.
“We will cripple it with a force it cannot even imagine, and the consequences for it and the Lebanese state will be devastating,” Netanyahu said last month.
- Israel Surrounds Hamas Stronghold in South Gaza
- Israel-Hamas War Day 21: Israel Expands Ground Operations in Gaza, Says Hamas Holding 233 Hostages
- US Condemns Surprise Attack on Israel by ‘Hamas Terrorists’
- Hamas Militants Infiltrate Israel From Gaza With Unprecedented Rocket Attack
- US Politicians Condemn Hamas Attack on Israel
- Israel-Hamas War Day 17: Hamas Releases More Hostages; US General Advising on Gaza Ground War
The death toll rise comes as Israel continues to expand its warfare operations in the area. Israeli army spokesperson Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said in a social media post to X, formerly known as Twitter, on Saturday that the Israel Defense Forces are expanding to the Jabaliya and Zeytun neighborhoods in Gaza, two Hamas strongholds.
“The Southern Command continues to expand its offensive activity to additional neighborhoods in the Gaza Strip and raided the areas of Zeytun and Jabaliya with the aim of hitting terrorists and the terrorist infrastructure of Hamas,” Hagari said.
- WATCH: Video Shows Tornado Barrel Through Fort Lauderdale as Storms Pound FloridaNews
- Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper Calls Trump ‘Threat to Democracy’Politics
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Takes Responsibility for Not Sharing Information on Hospital Stay: ‘This Was My Medical Procedure’News
- Texas Father Shoots Daughter’s Stepfather After She Accuses Him of Sexual Abuse: PoliceNews
- Arkansas Rescuers Dive into Sewer to Save Stuck Puppies Hours Before Huge SnowstormNews
- Toddler Run Over by Truck, Killed in ‘Horror’ Accident at Popular Family Vacation SpotNews
- New Body Camera Footage Reveals Moments Before Mississippi Police Shot 11-Year-Old During RaidNews
- US Olympic Swimmer Who Boycotted 1980 Summer Olympics in Russia Dies at Surf VenueNews
- Louisiana Officer Accused of Shooting Lover Police Chief and His Wife Was Fired From Previous PostNews
- Hamas Releases Video of Three Israeli Hostages Mistakenly Killed by IDF Troops Sending Messages to Loved OnesNews
- Donald Trump Jr. Wishes Everyone ‘Happy Fake Insurrection Day’News
- Hamas Announces Hostage Is Dead After Promising His Daughter He’ll Be BackNews