Miles Bridges Turns Himself in to Police after Accusations of Violating Protection Order
Bridges is accused of violating a domestic violence protection order
Charlotte Hornets forward Miles Bridges turned himself in Friday morning after the issuance of a criminal summons earlier this week, The Messenger confirmed Friday afternoon.
WSOC-TV first reported the news that Bridges had done so at Lincoln County jail, just outside of Charlotte.
He is charged with domestic violence protection order
violation, misdemeanor child abuse and injury to personal property.
The Messenger learned Wednesday that a criminal summons, related to a previous domestic violence incident, had been issued.
"At this time Miles Bridges has an un-served warrant for DV Protective Order Violation," a Mecklenburg County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson told The Messenger Wednesday.
"He also as an un-served criminal summons for DV Protective Order Violation, Misdemeanor Child Abuse, and Injury to personal property. The warrant was issued on 1/2/23 and the criminal summons was issued on 10/11/23."
Since, WSOC-TV has reported that Bridges came before a judge and was issued a $1,000 bond.
- Hornets’ Miles Bridges Denied Access to Canada for NBA Game Due to Probation For Domestic Violence Case
- Hornets Announce Miles Bridges Will Return Friday
- Criminal Summons and Arrest Warrant Issued for Charlotte Hornets’ Miles Bridges
- Fox News’ Jesse Watters Says Trump Would ‘Immediately’ Violate Possible Protective Order
- Bills’ Von Miller Turns Himself In To Police After Arrest Warrant Issued for Alleged Domestic Assault
- Trump Lawyer Alina Habba Accuses Jack Smith of ‘Trying to Be Bit of a Victim’ with Protective Order Request
The 25-year-old is still on probation for a felony charge of injuring a child's parent last year.
He pleaded no-contest in Nov. 2022 to the felony charge that alleged Bridges assaulted the mother of his children in their presence.
Bridges was sentenced to three years of probation and a 10-year protective order for the victim, which he is alleged to have violated in the most recent arrest warrant.
The Hornets offered Bridges a one-year $7.9 million contract extension by the Hornets prior to the 2022-23 season, but the sides agreed to let the offer expire in light of the investigation.
He is suspended for the first 10 games of the 2023-24 season after missing the entirety of last season.
- WATCH: Video Shows Tornado Barrel Through Fort Lauderdale as Storms Pound FloridaNews
- Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper Calls Trump ‘Threat to Democracy’Politics
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Takes Responsibility for Not Sharing Information on Hospital Stay: ‘This Was My Medical Procedure’News
- Texas Father Shoots Daughter’s Stepfather After She Accuses Him of Sexual Abuse: PoliceNews
- Arkansas Rescuers Dive into Sewer to Save Stuck Puppies Hours Before Huge SnowstormNews
- Toddler Run Over by Truck, Killed in ‘Horror’ Accident at Popular Family Vacation SpotNews
- New Body Camera Footage Reveals Moments Before Mississippi Police Shot 11-Year-Old During RaidNews
- US Olympic Swimmer Who Boycotted 1980 Summer Olympics in Russia Dies at Surf VenueNews
- Louisiana Officer Accused of Shooting Lover Police Chief and His Wife Was Fired From Previous PostNews
- Hamas Releases Video of Three Israeli Hostages Mistakenly Killed by IDF Troops Sending Messages to Loved OnesNews
- Donald Trump Jr. Wishes Everyone ‘Happy Fake Insurrection Day’News
- Hamas Announces Hostage Is Dead After Promising His Daughter He’ll Be BackNews
