'Thank God, My Girl is Alive': Mother Learns Daughter Was Taken Hostage by Hamas on Live TV - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

‘Thank God, My Girl is Alive’: Mother Learns Daughter Was Taken Hostage by Hamas on Live TV

Mia Shem, 21, of Shoham, Israel, is among the estimated 200-250 hostages believed to be held captive by Hamas

JWPlayer

The mother of an Israeli-French woman kidnapped from the Supernova Music Festival earlier this month, where Hamas terrorists slaughtered hundreds of revelers in a surprise ambush, said she is grateful her daughter is still alive after learning she was taken hostage during a live television interview.

Mia Shem, 21, of Shoham, Israel, is among the estimated 200-250 hostages believed to be held captive by Hamas in several undisclosed locations across the Gaza strip.

"Thank God, my girl is alive," Keren Shem said while speaking with a reporter from Israel’s Channel 13 news Monday, during which she was shown suspected Hamas-shot hostage footage of her missing daughter seemingly being treated for an arm injury by a person off-camera.

“My Mia is alive — I didn't know that until just now. I fell on the ground, I need to watch it again,” the stunned mother of three said. "My Mia went to a party to have fun, to enjoy herself. I didn't know if she was alive or dead until now."

"I turn to the leaders of the world to bring Mia home, as she is,” Karen pleaded. “I want Mia home exactly as she appears in this video."

"I am asking everyone to bring my Mia home. And I am asking to bring all those 200 hostages home. None of them did anything  bad to anyone."

hostage Mia Shem
Israeli news has identified the woman as Mia Shem from Shoham, Israel.1717Bazz/X

"What happened here could happen tomorrow in France, England, and the United States. We must be united against this terror, and bring everyone home. I am begging,” she said.

In the hostage video, Mia directly addresses the camera, stating, in part, “Everything is fine. I ask that they bring me home as soon as possible.”

On Monday, the Israel-Hamas war death toll surpassed 4,000.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.