Hundreds of Protestors Surround US Embassy in Lebanon After Deadly Blast at Hospital in Gaza - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Hundreds of Protestors Surround US Embassy in Lebanon After Deadly Blast at Hospital in Gaza

Some of the protestors waved Palestinian flags

Protesters clash with Lebanese security forces outside the US Embassy.JOSEPH EID/AFP via Getty Images

Hundreds of protestors gathered at the U.S. embassy on Tuesday in Lebanon after a deadly attack on a hospital in Gaza. Hours later, authorities used tear gas and war cannons to disperse the crowd, CNN reported.

A fire was allegedly started at the demonstration near the embassy in Beirut, the nation's capital city, according to The Telegraph.

Some protestors waved Palestinian flags, Reuters reported.

The protest happened several hours after a rocket hit the Hamas-run al-Ahli Baptist Hospital, killing hundreds, according to Fox News.

Israel has denied responsibility for the strike, instead blaming Islamic Jihad.

“According to intelligence information, from several sources we have, the Islamic Jihad terrorist organization is responsible for the failed shooting that hit the hospital,” an IDF spokesperson said.

In the Lebanese city of Awkar, protestors threw what appeared to be molotov cocktails, The Telegraph reported.

Jordanian protestors attempted to storm the Israeli embassy on Tuesday, Fox News said. Dozens of demonstrators were able to move past a security barrier. Tear gas was used to disperse the protestors.

Protests also erupted in several other nations, including Turkey, Tunisia, Iran and Libya.

The war between Israel and Hamas has resulted in more than 4,200 deaths so far. The conflict began on Oct. 7 when Hamas launched a surprise attack on the Gaza Strip.

President Joe Biden will visit Israel on Wednesday to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the nation's war cabinet.

He was also scheduled to stop in Amman, Jordan to meet with King Abdullah II, Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas. The visit was canceled on Tuesday.

Jordan’s foreign minister said Abbas pulled out of the visit.

"The President sent his deepest condolences for the innocent lives lost in the hospital explosion in Gaza, and wished a speedy recovery to the wounded," a White House official said.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.