Israeli Citizens Ordered To Gather Water and Food, Prepare for 3-Day-Long Shelter-In-Place - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Israeli Citizens Ordered To Gather Water and Food, Prepare for 3-Day-Long Shelter-In-Place

As Israel continues to fight Hamas, citizens are being told to prepare for a 72-hour-long stay inside safe shelter

JWPlayer

Israeli Home Front Command has ordered citizens in Israel to prepare themselves for remaining in place for 72 hours during the nation’s war with Hamas.

Israelis were told to gather supplies including three liters of water per person per day, canned and dry food, battery-operated radios and lighting, portable charges for mobile phones, and essential first aid equipment according to a social media post by Israel Defense Forces’ GLZ Radio.

Adults were also encouraged to gather medication and first aid supplies along with necessary “equipment” for children and pets. People were encouraged to gather up cash, and any personal documents or certificates.

“In light of the development of fighting in various fields, equipment must be prepared that allows you and your family to remain in the protected area for up to 72 hours,” the Home Front Command said in its statement according to Turkey’s state-run news agency.

EDITORS NOTE: Graphic content / An Israeli soldier stands guard at a checkpoint as the northern entrance of the Palestinian city of Hebron in the occupied West Bank was closed on October 8, 2023 due to tensions after Hamas in Gaza sent rockets into Israel and inflitrated border areas the previous day. Following the latest Hamas offensive and Israeli reprisals on the Gaza Strip, clashes flared on October 7 across the occupied West Bank leaving at least seven Palestinians dead, according to the health ministry in Ramallah.
EDITORS NOTE: Graphic content / An Israeli soldier stands guard at a checkpoint as the northern entrance of the Palestinian city of Hebron in the occupied West Bank was closed on October 8, 2023 due to tensions after Hamas in Gaza sent rockets into Israel and infiltrated border areas the previous day. Following the latest Hamas offensive and Israeli reprisals on the Gaza Strip, clashes flared on October 7 across the occupied West Bank leaving at least seven Palestinians dead, according to the health ministry in Ramallah. HAZEM BADER/AFP via Getty Images

The announcement comes just days after a surprise Saturday attack from the Hamas terrorist group claimed the lives of hundreds of Israelis and injured thousands more.

As of Monday afternoon, over 900 Israelis have been killed since Hamas began its attack. Over 560 Palestinians have also been killed in Gaza so far as a result of the conflict as well, according to officials.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.