Several Bodies of Hamas Hostages Found in Gaza Raid, Israel Defense Forces Say
Israeli forces conducted localized raids on Friday ahead of a planned ground invasion
Bodies of hostages taken by Hamas have been found in the Gaza Strip by the Israel Defense Forces, officials said Friday on their authorized radio channel GLZ.
An estimated 150 Israelis and foreign nationals – including possibly some Americans – were abducted by the terror group during the terrorists’ initial attack on Israel last weekend.
It was not immediately clear how many bodies had been discovered on Friday.
The Israeli Public Broadcasting Company reported “several” bodies were found and brought back to Israel.
The discovery was made as the Israeli military conducted what it called "localized" raids, searching for Hamas militants and their captives ahead of a potential invasion. It was the first time Israeli forces put boots on the ground in Gaza after Saturday's massacre by the terrorists.
Hamas said earlier on Friday 13 of the hostages taken have been killed in Israeli airstrikes over the past 24 hours.
- Israel-Hamas War Day 21: Israel Expands Ground Operations in Gaza, Says Hamas Holding 233 Hostages
- Cancer Patient Held Hostage by Hamas Found Dead Near Gaza Hospital by Israeli Army
- Israeli Forces Raid Office of Hamas Leader’s Brother
- Body Found of 19-Year-Old Noa Marciano, First Female IDF Hostage in Gaza
- Netanyahu Admits Israel ‘Not Successful’ in Preventing Civilian Casualties as More Hostage Bodies Are Found
- Hamas Says 13 Hostages Dead in Airstrikes as Israel Warns 1.1 Million Palestinians to Flee North Gaza
The 13 dead appeared to be in addition to four hostages the terrorist group said were killed in bombings earlier this week, including a 19-year-old Israeli soldier.
During Friday’s raid, the IDF said it killed several Hamas members, including those involved in a cell that launched anti-tank missiles into Israel and also made "findings that may help in the effort to locate the missing."
“We will continue to make every effort to find every detail about the missing and hostages,” an IDF spokesperson, Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari, said.
The operation in Gaza came as Israeli officials directed 1.1 million people – about half of the area’s population – to evacuate, indicating a possible invasion to come.
As of Friday, the death toll amongst both Israelis and Palestinians was at least 2,800, as the morgue at Gaza’s biggest hospital was left overflowing with bodies after days of Israeli counter strikes against Hamas.
- WATCH: Video Shows Tornado Barrel Through Fort Lauderdale as Storms Pound FloridaNews
- Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper Calls Trump ‘Threat to Democracy’Politics
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Takes Responsibility for Not Sharing Information on Hospital Stay: ‘This Was My Medical Procedure’News
- Texas Father Shoots Daughter’s Stepfather After She Accuses Him of Sexual Abuse: PoliceNews
- Arkansas Rescuers Dive into Sewer to Save Stuck Puppies Hours Before Huge SnowstormNews
- Toddler Run Over by Truck, Killed in ‘Horror’ Accident at Popular Family Vacation SpotNews
- New Body Camera Footage Reveals Moments Before Mississippi Police Shot 11-Year-Old During RaidNews
- US Olympic Swimmer Who Boycotted 1980 Summer Olympics in Russia Dies at Surf VenueNews
- Louisiana Officer Accused of Shooting Lover Police Chief and His Wife Was Fired From Previous PostNews
- Hamas Releases Video of Three Israeli Hostages Mistakenly Killed by IDF Troops Sending Messages to Loved OnesNews
- Donald Trump Jr. Wishes Everyone ‘Happy Fake Insurrection Day’News
- Hamas Announces Hostage Is Dead After Promising His Daughter He’ll Be BackNews