Creepy Halloween Ghost Hunt Graveyard Contains 15,000 Naked Mannequins
Participants must solve an immersive murder mystery game
It's often said, "When life gives you a salvage yard full of 15,000 mannequins, make a haunted house."
This might not resonate with everyone, but for Roz Edwards of the United Kingdom, it certainly does.
Edwards runs "Mannekin," a business where she buys, restores, and then sells or leases mannequins and dummies to shops and creatives. Speaking to The Independent, she detailed her salvage yard in Fulbeck, Lincolnshire, which some visitors found to be somewhat unsettling.
“I’m known as the mad mannequin woman and it's just kind of grown over the years,” she said.
That is precisely what inspired her to transform the site into an immersive Halloween experience, she said.
“I must admit, it is quite eerie when you go through the yard and there are models some without arms, or heads piled up all around you. So we thought it was quite a fitting location for a spooky experience which we believe is quite unique,” Edwards told the news outlet.
- Florida Man Caught on Camera Fondling Himself on Family’s Porch: ‘There’s a Naked Man in My Backyard’
- Rhode Island Man’s Halloween Spooktacular Yard Honors Retail Stores Now Ghosts of the Past
- Astonishing ‘Ghost of the Forest’ Spooks, Awes Neighborhood Just in Time for Halloween
- Naked Man Assaults Las Vegas Police Officer, Steals His Truck on Halloween
- The Best New and Returning Horror Shows for Halloween 2023
- Man Pretended to be Mall Mannequin to Pull Off After Closing Heist
The mannequin dealer first created a Halloween experience within the salvage yard last year but has rebooted the event to have a mystery game element a la Clue this year.
Those wishing to tour the yard can pay $18.23 (£15) for an hour-long eerie walk through the site as they encounter a series of clues they must solve to determine which suspect is behind a murder. There will, of course, be thousands of mannequins dressed in various creepy costumes.
The event "We’ve Found A Body" is scheduled for October 28 and 29, as reported by The Independent.
“I decided to put on a Halloween experience after people who began visiting in the daytime began asking me if it was scary at night. Well, this is your chance to find out,” Edwards said.
Those across the pond still have a chance to join in the spooky event by purchasing a ticket to follow the event online over Zoom and sending messages to players as they walk through the course.
“Anyone walking past will think the mannequin is talking,” the event page explained.
Participants will be tasked with solving the murder mystery in a life-size, immersive Clue board.
“You have to go around the different rooms as a detective to figure out who did it from six suspects, with what weapon, and in what room,” Edwards told The Independent.
- WATCH: Video Shows Tornado Barrel Through Fort Lauderdale as Storms Pound FloridaNews
- Former Defense Secretary Mark Esper Calls Trump ‘Threat to Democracy’Politics
- Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin Takes Responsibility for Not Sharing Information on Hospital Stay: ‘This Was My Medical Procedure’News
- Texas Father Shoots Daughter’s Stepfather After She Accuses Him of Sexual Abuse: PoliceNews
- Arkansas Rescuers Dive into Sewer to Save Stuck Puppies Hours Before Huge SnowstormNews
- Toddler Run Over by Truck, Killed in ‘Horror’ Accident at Popular Family Vacation SpotNews
- New Body Camera Footage Reveals Moments Before Mississippi Police Shot 11-Year-Old During RaidNews
- US Olympic Swimmer Who Boycotted 1980 Summer Olympics in Russia Dies at Surf VenueNews
- Louisiana Officer Accused of Shooting Lover Police Chief and His Wife Was Fired From Previous PostNews
- Hamas Releases Video of Three Israeli Hostages Mistakenly Killed by IDF Troops Sending Messages to Loved OnesNews
- Donald Trump Jr. Wishes Everyone ‘Happy Fake Insurrection Day’News
- Hamas Announces Hostage Is Dead After Promising His Daughter He’ll Be BackNews
