Craig Ross Jr. to Be Arraigned for Charlotte Sena Kidnapping in New York Today - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Craig N. Ross Jr., who is accused of kidnapping 9-year-old Charlotte Sena from a New York park in September, is expected to be arraigned Friday.

The Saratoga County district attorney's office confirmed the hearing to the Times Union.

Ross was charged with first-degree kidnapping with the intent to collect ransom. The State Police previously said that more charges were expected in the case. It was unclear if they might be unveiled Friday.

Sena disappeared while biking by herself in September at Moreau Lake State Park in Gansevoort, New York. She was camping with family and friends, and decided to go on a solo bike loop around the lake before she vanished.

Multiple agencies joined the search effort for her, including the FBI and U.S. Marshal Service, in addition to state and local police.

Ross, 47, allegedly left a note at Sena's parents' house asking for a ransom in exchange for the girl.

Investigators said they were able to identify him from a fingerprint on the note.

They tracked Ross to a trailer where he lived with his mother. Authorities said Sena was found hidden in a cabinet in the trailer.

Ross was arrested after some resistance and has been held at Saratoga County Jail without bail since his arrest.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.