Up to 40 Babies Found Murdered, Decapitated in Hamas Massacre of Israeli Kibbutz: Reports - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Up to 40 Babies Found Murdered, Decapitated in Hamas Massacre of Israeli Kibbutz: Reports

Journalists let in to see aftermath at Kfar Aza report discovery of dozens of babies brutally murdered in their cribs after Hamas attack

JWPlayer

Dozens of babies were brutally murdered — some even decapitated — by Hamas terrorists inside a kibbutz in southern Israel during Saturday's shocking assault on Israeli civilians, according to journalists who were let in to see the aftermath of the massacre, in the most ghastly war crime committed in the conflict thus far.

The bodies of 40 babies were discovered by Israeli soldiers in the Kfar Aza kibbutz, located just outside Gaza, the Israel-based i24 News first reported. In kibbutzim, babies are typically housed together in a single nursery.

A spokesperson for the IDF confirmed the reports of beheaded babies to Insider on Wednesday. 

The IDF has since said it could not confirm the presence of beheaded babies in Kfar Aza. 

However, the prime minister's office said the reports are accurate.

The Messenger could not independently verify the facts of the report about beheaded babies. 

It was unclear how many of the bodies had been desecrated.

i24's Nicole Zedeck reporting from the massacre at Kfar Aza.
i24's Nicole Zedeck reporting from the massacre at Kfar Aza.i24

"It's hard to even explain exactly the mass casualties that happened right here," i24 correspondent Nicole Zedeck reported from Kfar Aza, where she said she spoke to Israeli soldiers who saw the aftermath of the massacre firsthand.

Zedeck was part of a contingent of reporters let in by Israeli security forces to view what remained of the kibbutz. A French journalist who was part of that contingent also confirmed that "infants and children under 2" had been beheaded, saying she and others saw the images "with their own eyes."

Gunshots and blood stains are seen on a door and walls of a house where civilians were killed days earlier in an attack by Hamas militants on this kibbutz near the border with Gaza, on October 10, 2023 in Kfar Aza, Israel. Israel has sealed off Gaza and conducted airstrikes on Palestinian territory after an attack by Hamas killed hundreds and took more than 100 hostages. On October 7, the Palestinian militant group Hamas launched a surprise attack on Israel from Gaza by land, sea
Gunshots and blood stains are seen on a door and walls of a house where civilians were killed days earlier in an attack by Hamas militants on this kibbutz near the border with Gaza, on October 10, 2023 in Kfar Aza, Israel (Alexi J. Rosenfeld/Getty Images)Alexi J. Rosenfeld/Getty Images

"It's not a war, it's not a battle. It's a massacre," said IDF Major General Itai Veruv as he spoke to the media on the scene.

“It’s something we used to imagine from our grandmothers, grandfathers in pogroms in Europe and other places."

A visibly shaken Zedeck reported seeing "baby cribs thrown to the side," "strollers left behind," and bodies that were yet to be recovered because the fighting had only recently ended and IDF soldiers were still going "house to house" to clear and secure the area. The bodies of dozens of Hamas terrorists were still on the ground.

Kfar Aza was the scene of mass kidnappings that were witnessed by journalists Saturday, including several abductions done by men driving golf carts. AP reporters saw at least four people taken from their homes at the kibbutz, including two women.

This story was updated to reflect new IDF statements about the reports from Kfar Aza.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.