Arkansas Inmate Escapes Twice in 24 Hours, Steals Guard’s Car
Marceese Watkins has multiple previous convictions for burglary and domestic battery.
Police in Arkansas are searching for an inmate who escaped from McGehee City Jail twice in one day.
Marceese Watkins, 31, first escaped from jail late Friday night, with fellow inmate Dwight Overbea, according to local news outlet CBS 4.
After the first escape, Watkins was found at home and brought back to jail.
On Saturday morning, Watkins escaped for a second time, after he was let out of a cell to use the bathroom. He then reportedly overpowered a jailer and stole her car.
- Fellow Inmate Arrested For Helping Accused Murderer Spring From Prison
- Toddler Left In Hot Florida Car for 14 Hours Died With 107 Temperature
- Kidnapped Baby Rescued After Stranger Steals Car With Infant in Back Seat
- Arkansas Librarians Sue Over Obscene Book Bans
- Prisoner Escapes While En Route to Doctor’s Appointment
While searching for Watkins, police found 30-year-old Overbea and transported him to the Ouachita Correctional Facility in the city of Malvern.
The jailer's car was discovered shortly after the escape. Watkins remains at large and there is a warrant for his arrest.
The McGehee City Jail can house around 80 men and employs two full-time and three part-time correctional officers.
According to a Facebook post from the Desha County Sheriff's Office, Watkins has multiple previous convictions for burglary and domestic battering.
The McGehee Police have asked anyone with information about Watkins to call the department at (870)- 222- 3636.
You are now signed up for our newsletter.
- Wildfire Air Pollution Levels Among Highest Ever in U.S. HistoryNews
- Kellyanne Conway Predicts Cornel West’s Run is Major Threat to BidenNews
- Ukraine Rushing Drinking Water to Residents After Dam CatastropheNews
- Fox News: Tucker Carlson Breached His Contract with New Twitter ShowNews
- New York Air Quality Hits Worst Level of Any Major City in the WorldNews
- Newly Discovered Dinosaur Species in Utah Believed to Be 99 Million Years OldNews
- Canadian Wildfires: How They Started and When the Smoke Will ClearNews
- Father of 4 Dies After Saving Son From Rip Current on Daughter’s BirthdayNews
- Juarez Offers to Pay Half the Cost of Bus Tickets Home for Migrants Gathered ThereNews
- NYC Suing 30 Other New York Counties Over Refusal to Take MigrantsNews
- Wildfires Increase Heart Attack Risk, Other Cardiovascular ConditionsNews
- Pride Month Plans Trigger Violent Brawl and Arrests at California School Board MeetingNews