Fred Taylor, a 101-year-old veteran, finally got the chance to walk across the stage and receive his diploma at Cornell College's on-campus graduation ceremony in Mount Vernon according to WFLA.
Taylor attended Cornell College in the 40s but missed his graduation ceremony in 1943 because he joined the Army Air Corps Reserve and began basic training, serving until the Fall of 1945.
The veteran went on to earn a bachelor's degree in music at Cornell College before obtaining a master's at Drake University. He worked as a teacher in both Iowa and California. When Taylor walked across the stage to receive his diploma, he received a standing ovation from the crowd.
Along with finally walking at graduation, Taylor offered some words of wisdom to his fellow graduates as they head out into the world. He said, "Get into the career that you really like. And do your best and stick with it. Be kind to other people."
- Paralyzed Man Walks Across Stage at College Graduation
- College Student Walks Graduation Stage With ‘Little Buddy’ Service Dog
- Pregnant Woman Walks Graduation Stage While in Labor
- Boy Who Walked Six Miles to Attend his Own Graduation Offered Full Ride to College
- Mass. Graduates Surprised with Envelopes Containing $1,000 as They Cross Stage
You are now signed up for our newsletter.
- Leaked Emails Reveal Royal Air Force Recruiters Were Told to Reject ‘Useless White Male Pilots’News
- Disneyland Visitor Jumps Out of Splash Mountain Mid-Ride Due to Panic AttackNews
- 53 People Shot, 11 Killed in Chicago’s Violent Memorial Day WeekendNews
- New York Limo Service Operator Sentenced to Minimum of 5 Years for Deaths of 20News
- BU President Slams Students for Heckling Studio Exec During CommencementNews
- High School for Sale on Zillow as 5-Bedroom Home, Asking $60KNews
- Scientists Identify Bacteria Able to Break Down ‘Forever Chemicals’News
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon Discussed Epstein’s Accounts for Years, Former Exec AllegesNews
- NASA’s UFO Task Force to Host First Meeting for Public BriefingNews
- Canadian Wildfires Bring Haze, Air Quality Alerts to United StatesNews
- Wary of Banks, Americans Stash Cash at Home – in the Fridge, Suitcases, Even Toilet Water TanksMoney
- Israel’s Mossad Confirms Ex-Agent Was One of 4 Who Died When Boat Sank in ItalyNews