Vincent Gallo Movie Under Investigation for Misconduct: Report - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Vincent Gallo Movie Under Investigation for Misconduct: Report

At least three actresses have reported Vincent Gallo to SAG-AFTRA for allegedly making sexual and explicit comments during the audition process for 'The Policeman'

Vincent Gallo attends Ringo Starr’s birthday fan gathering on July 7, 2015 in Hollywood, California. Tommaso Boddi/WireImage

The Screen Actors' Guild (SAG-AFTRA) is investigating Vincent Gallo's new movie following allegations of misconduct against the controversial actor.

According to Rolling Stone, at least three actresses have reported Gallo to SAG for allegedly making sexual and explicit comments to them during the audition process for The Policeman, in which he plays convicted serial killer and rapist Joseph James DeAngelo (aka Golden State Killer).

"We are aware of these complaints and are investigating," a SAG spokesperson told Rolling Stone in a statement. "We extensively engaged with production regarding the complaints and while shooting has wrapped, we continue to monitor and investigate. We also reaffirm our commitment to ensuring a safe and respectful environment on set. Because our inquiry is ongoing, we cannot respond to specifics of the complaint."

One actress, who spoke to the outlet under anonymity, recounted her November callback audition in a complaint filed with SAG.

She wrote that Gallo told her: "If I say to suck my dick or I will kill you, I want you, you the person, not you the character, not you the actor, but you, to truly believe you will die if you don't do as I say. And just like you would in real life, if this were happening to you, I want you to do all of the actions necessary to do that. You won't actually suck my dick, but you do not have the power, I have all the power. You have no control, I am in complete control."

Another actress said that Gallo told her he wanted a "fully improvised" film set and actresses "who were willing to have their 'minds and bodies be 100 percent dominated by him' from the moment they arrived on set."

A spokesperson for Gertner and Pacific Media Productions told Rolling Stone that Gallo and co-stars "felt that the environment was positive and respectful" on set. Filming took place in December in Portland.

They said in the statement, "We do take allegations of inappropriate comments made by anyone involved in the production very seriously. A SAG-AFTRA intimacy coordinator was hired for the production and the production of the picture was carried out in a safe, protective, and respectful environment. The producers, director, cast, and crew are proud of the movie we have made."

Gallo has previously come under fire for his 2003 movie The Brown Bunny, in which co-star and then girlfriend Chloë Sevigny performed unsimulated oral sex on him. Although many questioned whether Gallo pressured her into filming the scene, Sevigny has said that she was "kind of reclaiming myself" with her decision to film the part.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.