Tupac's Former Manager Believes Others Involved in Murder - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Tupac Shakur’s Former Manager ‘100%’ Believes Others Involved in Rapper’s Unsolved Murder

'[Keffe D] wasn't the only one involved. It's going to take some years for this to play out,' the rapper's former manager Leila Steinberg said on the 'Allison Interviews' podcast

Duane Davis was arrested in connection with Tupac’s murder in September.Raymond Boyd/Getty Images

Tupac Shakur's former manager Leila Steinberg is speaking out after Duane "Keffe D" Davis was arrested last month in connection with the rapper's murder.

"Is it justice? Yeah, somewhat. But, you know, Keffe D lived his life for the last 27 years. There is some relief, but it's complicated. He wasn't the only one involved. It's going to take some years for this to play out," Steinberg told host Allison Kugel on Thursday's episode of the Allison Interviews podcast. (To this day, no one has been convicted of the crime.)

She continued: "Does it make me feel better? Not really. I didn't have some sense of relief or of feeling better. I want justice. I believe in justice, so yes, I think it was important. It's important that these next few years play out, but it didn't make me feel any better, or whatever I thought maybe I would feel."

Steinberg, who runs the nonprofit organization Aim 4 The Heart, went on to tell Kugel that she "100%" thinks there are others involved in Tupac's murder who are still alive today.

"It's kind of amazing it went this long without it coming out. People always tell on themselves. The truth always finds the light," she explained. "There are definitely plenty of people who knew, and there is also the role of law enforcement. It was in Vegas. There's cameras everywhere. How do you have such a high-profile city and no one knows or sees anything?"

Davis was arrested in September, The Messenger confirmed. He was charged with one count of murder with a deadly weapon and denied bail. 

Davis is accused of orchestrating the shooting after the rapper and Death Row Records founder Suge Knight were seen on surveillance video beating up Davis' nephew, Orlando Anderson, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena following a Mike Tyson fight.

The "All Eyez on Me" artist was shot in Las Vegas in a drive-by shooting on Sept. 7, 1996, and later died from his injuries on Sept. 13. He was 25 years old. 

In July, a copy of a police warrant obtained by NBC News showed Davis as the target of the search warrant, in which Las Vegas police searched electronic storage devices including laptops, external hard drives, CDs and more. 

Police said they believe Davis was one of four people in the car that was involved in the shooting that killed Tupac more than 27 years ago.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.