Tupac Murder Suspect: Why Didn't Media Capture Arrest? - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Tupac Murder Suspect Asked Police Why They Didn’t Bring Media When Arresting Him

Duane 'Keffe D' Davis is accused of orchestrating the fatal shooting after the rapper and Suge Knight were seen beating up his nephew at a Las Vegas hotel

Tupac Shakur Steve Granitz Archive/WireImage

The suspect who was arrested in connection to Tupac Shakur's murder asked police why they didn't bring media with them when they put him in handcuffs.

In body cam footage obtained by The Independent, Duane "Keefe D" Davis is seen being approached by officers from the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department as he's walking in what appears to be a residential neighborhood before they apprehend him. 

Once police officers put Davis in the back of the cop car and began making their way to Clark County Detention Center, the suspect could be heard asking if they had been following him the previous night, which they denied. He then asked why the media wasn't there to capture his arrest.

"Why would we bring the media?” an officer repeated back to him, to which he said, “That’s what you all do."

The outlet also added that in another segment of footage, an officer asked Davis if he knew why he was being arrested, to which he replied, "Biggest case in Las Vegas history. September 7th, 1996!”

Davis was arrested in connection to Tupac's murder late last month, The Messenger confirmed. He was charged with one count of murder with a deadly weapon and denied bail. 

Davis is accused of orchestrating the shooting after the rapper and Death Row Records founder Suge Knight were seen on surveillance video beating up Davis' nephew, Orlando Anderson, at the MGM Grand Garden Arena following a Mike Tyson fight.

The "All Eyez on Me" artist was shot in Las Vegas in a drive-by shooting on Sept. 7, 1996, and later died from his injuries on Sept. 13. He was 25 years old. 

In July, a copy of a police warrant obtained by NBC News showed Davis as the target of the search warrant, in which Las Vegas police searched electronic storage devices including laptops, external hard drives, CDs and more. 

Police said they believe Davis was one of four people in the car that was involved in the shooting that killed Tupac nearly 27 years ago.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.