Sophie Turner Returns to Instagram Following Split With Joe Jonas - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Sophie Turner Returns to Instagram Following Split With Joe Jonas

Although she posted a brief Instagram Story on Oct. 8, the actress made her first proper post in two months

JWPlayer

Sophie Turner has returned to social media with her first proper post since announcing her split from Joe Jonas in September.

On Saturday, the Game of Thrones star took to Instagram to promote the Positive Power Plan developed to combat the climate crisis. 

"Hi everyone! I have been asked to spread the word about positive power," Turner said in the video. "And on doing the research and noticing the very clear effects of global warming, it's something that I really wanted to raise awareness for."

"To make changes, and to make a difference, we need to switch over, move over to renewable energy and let nature provide us with power — and not just power, positive power," Turner continued. "It's not impossible. The new Positive Power Plan has it all worked out in fair and safe ways to help millions of people like you and me."

"So we need to let our leaders know this, that this is the future that we want for ourselves and for those we love, our children and our grandchildren. Yes, we’ve made progress, but we can move a lot faster. So please join me in asking our decision-makers in government and industry to push for a Positive Power Plan today and share that plan, please, with everyone you know."

"The more of us that ask, the more they’re likely to listen," she concluded.

Sophie Turner
Sophie Turner is seen on November 03, 2023 in New York City.Ignat/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images via Getty Images

Although Turner posted a photo of herself wearing a "Fearless" friendship bracelet on her Instagram Story on Oct. 8, a nod to her friendship with Taylor Swift, the actress' last official post was a joint statement with Joe Jonas on Sept. 6, one day after Jonas filed for divorce.

"After four wonderful years of marriage we have mutually decided to amicably end our marriage," the exes wrote in the statement. "There are many speculative narratives as to why but, truly this is a united decision and we sincerely hope that everyone can respect our wishes for privacy and our children."

The former couple spoke out again after reaching a custody agreement in regards to their two young daughters last month.

"After a productive and successful mediation, we have agreed that the children will spend time equally in loving homes in both the U.S. and the U.K.," the couple said in a statement to The Messenger. "We look forward to being great co-parents."

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.