Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello’s ‘Relationship Feels Different This Time Around,’ Says Source
A source close to the "If I Can't Have You" singer tells The Messenger that "things are going well" between the two.
Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello are giving their relationship a second shot, a source close to the "If I Can't Have You" singer tells The Messenger.
After the pair had been spotted out together on numerous occasions since their 2021 breakup — and were seen kissing at Coachella last month — the source says they "have rekindled their romance and are back together."
In April, Mendes and Cabello — who dated from July 2019 to November 2021 — were seen in photos and videos together at the music festival in Indio, Calif. On Tuesday, they were photographed in New York City grabbing coffee and holding hands.
- Shawn Mendes Reveals How Nature Helps Relieve His ‘Bad Anxiety’
- ‘Days of Our Lives’ Star Camila Banus Says Dad’s Death Led to Her Decision to Leave the Soap Opera
- Eva Mendes Wears ‘Barbie’ T-Shirt with Ryan Gosling as Ken
- Taylor Swift ‘Swept Off Her Feet’ By Matty Healy, Says Source
- Ed Sheeran, Adele, Harry Styles, Dua Lipa Land on Sunday Times Rich List’s ’35 under 35′
"They have been hanging out consistently, and things are going well," the source says. "They are both in a different place in their lives, and the relationship feels different this time around. They are putting less pressure on each other."
"Ever since [they reconnected], the relationship naturally progressed," says the source, adding that "Shawn expressed their chemistry is undeniable and was excited to give the relationship another shot."
The singers have yet to comment on their relationship publicly, and their reps did not immediately respond to The Messenger's requests for comment.
The pair, who collaborated on the 2019 song "Señorita," started officially dating that same year. During the COVID-19 pandemic, they quarantined together in Miami, and Mendes said in his 2020 documentary In Wonder that "every song" he ever wrote has been about Cabello.
In 2021, they made a joint statement via Instagram announcing their breakup.
"We've decided to end our romantic relationship but our love for one another as humans is stronger than ever," the statement read, in part. "We started our relationship as best friends and will continue to be best friends."
You are now signed up for our newsletter.
- ‘Love Is Blind’ Star Nancy Rodriguez Speaks Up About Being Pro-ChoiceEntertainment
- ‘Ghosts’ Season 3: New Ghosts, Release Date and Everything to KnowEntertainment
- Can’t Get Over Your Favorite Show Ending? 10 Podcasts Hosted By Former Cast MembersEntertainment
- Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters Says Nazi-Reminiscent Costume at Berlin Show Was ‘Clearly’ Anti-Fascist StatementNews
- What Ashlee Simpson Has Learned About Business From Sister Jessica Simpson (Exclusive)Entertainment
- ‘Anatomy of a Fall’ Wins Top Prize at 2023 Cannes Film FestivalEntertainment
- LeBron James Celebrates Son Bronny’s Graduation From High SchoolEntertainment
- Celebrity Real Estate: What $4.5 Million Can Get You in NashvilleEntertainment
- Blue Ivy Joins Mom Beyoncé on Stage for Surprise Performance of ‘My Power’Entertainment
- 15 Best Stephen King Movies Ranked by Rotten Tomatoes ScoreEntertainment
- The ‘Succession’ Running Jokes We’ll Miss the MostEntertainment
- Cannes Film Festival Featured Emotional Idols—and the Controversial ‘Idol’Entertainment