Ron Jeremy's Alleged Victims Speak Out After Disgraced Porn Star Released to 'Private Residence' Amid Rape Case - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Ron Jeremy’s Alleged Victims Speak Out After Disgraced Porn Star Released to ‘Private Residence’ Amid Rape Case

'We all came forward. We all told our stories. We all put this effort into their case, and I feel 100% let down by the system,' said Alana Evans

JWPlayer

Ron Jeremy's alleged victims are speaking out after the disgraced porn star was recently released to a "private residence" less than a year after he was declared incompetent to stand trial on more than 30 counts of sexual assault.

“I feel betrayed because at no point along the way, during this path of ‘Ron is suffering from dementia’ and the incompetence issue coming up, never did they say he could be sent home," longtime adult film entertainer and president of the Adult Performance Artists Guild Alana Evans told the Los Angeles Times

She added, "It was always, 'He’ll go to a facility.' We all came forward. We all told our stories. We all put this effort into their case, and I feel 100% let down by the system.”

Earlier this month, a Los Angeles judge granted a request to release Jeremy to a private residence where he'll get "round the clock medical care" since "no medical facility will take him," according to an email obtained by the L.A. Times.

Written to the victims in Jeremy's case by Los Angeles County Deputy District Attorney Paul Thompson, the email stated that the former adult film star's dementia has "deteriorated to the point that he is essentially bedridden," and that his conservator requested his release.

Ron Jeremy appears for arraignment on rape and sexual assault charges at Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center on June 26, 2020 in Los Angeles, California.
Ron Jeremy appears for arraignment on rape and sexual assault charges at Clara Shortridge Foltz Criminal Justice Center on June 26, 2020 in Los Angeles, California.David McNew/Getty Images

“I am profoundly disturbed by the release of Ron Jeremy, who is accountable for serial rapes, based on the grounds of deteriorating dementia," Lianne Young, who accused Jeremy of assault in 2020, told the outlet. "While recognizing the importance of addressing health issues, it is crucial for the justice system to balance the rights of the accused with the safety of the community."

Sex worker advocate Ginger Banks — who compiled allegations of rape and sexual assault against Jeremy from numerous women in 2017, per Rolling Stone — also told the Times that despite Jeremy's release, she hopes the attention the case got can only encourage more victims to come forward about sexual assault.

"We've seen a complete change in society about women coming forward about this," she said. "I think that societal shift is going to outweigh this one court decision."

Young added, "Reporting a sexual assault can lead to increased awareness, support, and resources for survivors. It is my sincere hope that despite my experience, survivors will find the strength to share their stories and seek justice.”

If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual assault, help is available 24 hours a day through RAINN's National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.