Lil Nas X Teases New Music at ‘Long Live Montero’ Documentary Premiere
The 'Old Town Road' artist also spoke about creative advice he'd give to fans
Lil Nas X is hinting that he may have some new music on the horizon.
The "Old Town Road" artist teased that he may be have some fresh material in the works at the Toronto International Film Festival Saturday during a Q&A session for the premiere of his new documentary, Lil Nas X: Long Live Montero.
"I want to drop this good-ass, fire-ass music first, and then I'll be back out there [on tour]," the rapper, whose real name is Montero Hill, said.
Additionally, the artist also opened up about wanting to explore new sounds, explaining that he was interested in exploring folk and Brazilian funk as genres.
Also during the session, Hill offered advice to fans about feeling stuck — whether it's creatively or otherwise.
"When you feel stuck in life, do the thing that you're most afraid to do, but you have this inner knowing inside you that you need to do that thing," he said. "For me, the first time it was, like, 'I need to make music.' ... I feel like that's gonna be my future, but I had this pressure to be the first person in my family to graduate college, but I was like, 'Nah, f--- that.' I wanna make music, and I'm just gonna have to deal with the feeling of people being disappointed in me for this meantime."
- Lil Nas X Announces HBO Max Documentary ‘Long Live Montero’
- Lil Nas X Documentary Premiere Delayed by Bomb Threat at TIFF
- Kesha, Lil Nas X Hit the Streets With Cardboard Signs to Tease Possible New Collab
- Lil Nas X Says His Christian Music Doesn’t Conflict With This NSFW Activity
- Lil Nas X Trolls Critics With Website About Being Saved From ‘Devil-Worshipping’
- Lil Nas X’s Brother Says the Rapper Helped Him Come Out as Bisexual in New Doc
He continued, "The second time was me coming out of the closet — that was my biggest fear. I was like, 'Oh no, I don't wanna do this sh--.' And then the third time, with the 'Montero: Call Me By Your Name' video, this video was crazy and I'm being overtly gay and this, like, satanic stuff — but it was very important. It helped me grow."
The Long Live Montero premiere at TIFF was previously delayed, when an anonymous bomb threat was called in moments before the artist arrived.
"Earlier this evening, we were made aware by the Toronto Police Service of an investigation in the vicinity of the red carpet for the Lil Nas X: Long Live Montero screening," a spokesperson for TIFF said. "Our standard security measures remained in place during this time and the screening commenced with a slight delay. To our knowledge, this was a general threat and not directed at the film or the artist."
Lil Nas X: Long Live Montero premiered at the Toronto Film Festival on Sept. 9, 2023.
- Christian Oliver’s Wife Mourns Husband and Daughters Following Tragic Plane CrashEntertainment
- Slipknot’s Corey Taylor Cancels Solo Tour Due to ‘Mental and Physical Health’Entertainment
- Golden Globes Prepare for Possible Protests Amid Israel-Hamas WarEntertainment
- John Mayer Confesses Surprising ‘Kink,’ as Well as Unexpected ‘Romantic Fantasy’Entertainment
- ‘Battlestar Galactica,’ ‘Law & Order’ Actor Harry Johnson Dies at 81Entertainment
- Carrie Underwood Reveals Surprising Favorite Workout Song: ‘Gets Me Going’Entertainment
- Lamar Odom Talks Ketamine Therapy Experience Following Matthew Perry’s Death: ‘You Can’t Do It on Your Own’Entertainment
- Ted Nugent Rejects Climate Change, Says ‘You Have to Have Sh– for Brains’ to Believe ItEntertainment
- Ben Affleck’s Full-Frontal Nudity in ‘Gone Girl’: Revisiting That Shower Scene 10 Years LaterEntertainment
- Who Is Golden Globes Host Jo Koy?Entertainment
- Here’s What the Golden Globes Looked Like 20 Years AgoEntertainment
- All the Movies and TV Specials About Tonya Harding’s Notorious Figure Skating SagaEntertainment
