Kim Kardashian may be a perfectionist in nearly all aspects of her life, except for one: motherhood.
During an appearance on the latest episode of the On Purpose with Jay Shetty podcast, the SKIMS founder and mom-of-four spoke candidly about her struggles as a parent — and how she embraces the challenges.
"It's okay to feel that you are not one hundred percent at being the best mom," she told Shetty. "I say this all the time, there is no manual. They do not come with a manual. Everyone's doing the best that they can. I just feel so lucky that I have a good group of girlfriends and all of our kids are experiencing different things."
- Kim Kardashian Says ‘There Are Nights I Cry Myself to Sleep’ as a Mom of 4
- Kim Kardashian Says This Season of ‘The Kardashians’ Was ‘My Most Emotional’
- Kim Kardashian on Tension with Kourtney in New ‘Kardashians’ Season: ‘We’ll Always Be OK’
- Kim Kardashian Says She Likes Sex With the ‘Lights Off’: ‘Don’t Look at Me’
- Kim Kardashian Criticized for Crossing Writers’ Strike Picket Line: What It Means
"Everything that they have to go through... we're okay, they will be okay," she added. "They will feel the love and support and that's all you can do."
Kardashian — who shares four children with ex Kanye West: daughters North, 9, and Chicago, 5, and sons Saint, 7, and Psalm, 4 — also admitted being a single parent to four can be "really hard."
"I always think everything in life comes our way to really teach us something," she shared. "It's a really hard task when you have four kids and they all want to be put to bed at the same time by the same person. They all want to do it individually and have that experience and no one wants to wait."
"They don’t understand that I work or I have a school schedule too. Kids will never understand," the Kardashians star continued. "I think it's just those nights where you can't divide yourself and work with what we have."
Kardashian also revealed that through the chaos, there are nights that she questions everything.
"[Motherhood] has been the most challenging thing," she said. "There are nights I cry myself to sleep. Like, holy s—, this f—ing tornado in my house. Like, what just happened?"
"You know, with all the moods and the personalities and sometimes they're fighting, and you know, there's no one there," Kardashian added. "Like, it's [just] me to play good police officer and bad cop."
You are now signed up for our newsletter.
- Kathy Griffin Documents Latest Vocal Cord SurgeryEntertainment
- Pink’s Daughter Willow Delivers Surprise Performance During Mom’s Tour KickoffEntertainment
- ‘South Park’ Creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker Save Local Restaurant, Revamp It for $40 MillionEntertainment
- Pat Cooper, Stand-Up Comedian and ‘Analyze This’ Actor, Dead at 93Entertainment
- Jodie Comer Leaves ‘Prima Facie’ 10 Minutes Into Performance Due to NYC Air ConditionsEntertainment
- Danny Bonaduce and Wife Amy Share Positive Health Updates After His Brain SurgeryEntertainment
- Shannon Beador Explains That Viral Photo With Ex-Husband David Beador: ‘It Was Awkward’ (Exclusive)Entertainment
- Governors Ball to Go On in New York Despite Canada Wildfire SmokeEntertainment
- The Nightlife Split Shaking Up the A-List Party Scene: What’s Next for Former Business Partners Richie Akiva and Darren DzienciolEntertainment
- ‘Wednesday’ Star Percy Hynes White Addresses Misinformation Campaign: ‘Rumors Are False’Entertainment
- ‘Only Murders in the Building’ Season 3: Cast, Release Date and Everything to KnowEntertainment
- Tupac Shakur’s Sister Accepts His Posthumous Star on the Hollywood Walk of FameEntertainment