Keke Palmer and Ex Darius Jackson to Attend Mediation, Request Court Date Moved - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Keke Palmer and Ex Darius Jackson to Attend Mediation, Request Court Date Moved

Keke Palmer was granted a restraining order against Darius Jackson on Nov. 9, and he was ordered to stay 100 yards away from her and their son

Keke Palmer and Darius JacksonMonica Schipper/WireImage; Paras Griffin/Getty Images

Keke Palmer and her ex-boyfriend, Darius Jackson, are going to mediation, according to new legal documents her lawyer filed in Los Angeles earlier this week.

The actress previously filed for a domestic violence restraining order (DVRO) against Jackson and asked for temporary sole custody of their son, Leo, on Nov. 9. Both were granted, and a court hearing was scheduled for Dec. 5.

In an LA court filing dated for Wednesday and obtained by The Messenger on Friday, Jackson and Palmer asked the court to move the upcoming hearing "to allow the parties time to attend meditation."

The exes also asked "that the meditation and petitioner's DVRO be continued to a mutually agreeable date," per the documents. (The Messenger reached out to Jackson's rep for comment.)

The filing notes that if a court date is rescheduled, the terms of the restraining order "will remain in effect until the end of the new court date, unless otherwise ordered by the court."

In her filing for the restraining order and custody of their baby, Palmer accused Jackson of being physically abusive towards her on Nov. 5.

The Messenger obtained the legal documents in which Palmer claimed that parents witnessed the altercation and that it was caught on video.

"Darius trespassed into my home without my knowledge or consent, threatened me, then physically attacked me — lunging for my neck, striking me, throwing me over the couch, and stealing my phone when I told him I was going to call the police," she claimed, according to court documents.

When asked how many times Jackson had abused her, Palmer told investigators it was "multiple times over the past two-plus years."

Jackson was ordered to stay at least 100 yards away from Palmer and their child and as well as childcare for the baby.

The temporary restraining order also notes that Jackson is not allowed any visitation with the baby.

If you or someone you know has been a victim of domestic violence, help is available 24 hours a day through the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 800-799-7233.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.