Jonathan Majors Dropped by Marvel After Guilty Verdict in Assault, Harassment Case
The 'Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania' actor's ousting comes after 'Avengers: The Kang Dynasty' director Destin Daniel Cretton previously dropped out
Marvel Studios has cut ties with Jonathan Majors after the actor was found guilty of assault and harassment, The Messenger can confirm.
The decision comes after Monday's hearing, in which a New York City jury found Majors guilty of assault in the third degree recklessly causing physical injury and harassment in the second degree against ex-girlfriend, Grace Jabbari.
Meanwhile, the actor was found not guilty of assault in the third degree with intent to cause physical injury and aggravated harassment in the second degree.
Majors was set to lead 2026's Avengers: The Kang Dynasty after he portrayed the eponymous Kang the Conqueror (aka Victor Timely) in the Disney+ series Loki and this year's MCU entry Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania.
His ousting comes after Kang Dynasty director Destin Daniel Cretton dropped out of the project last month.
Majors was arrested on March 25 in NYC and charged after a domestic dispute with Jabbari led to her being hospitalized with minor injuries. A strangulation charge was later dropped. Majors and his attorneys have maintained his innocence.
- Forget Recasting Jonathan Majors: Marvel Should Move on From Kang the Conqueror, Too
- Jonathan Majors: First Interview Set After Being Found Guilty of Assault and Harassment
- Inside Jonathan Majors’ Potential Career Following Guilty Verdict: ‘The Damage Is Done’
- Jonathan Majors Heads to Court in Alleged Assault Case
- Grace Jabbari Shares Birthday Wish After Jonathan Majors Split Guilty Verdict
- Jonathan Majors Looked Somber During Verdict, Could Face 1 Year in Jail for Assault and Harassment
After Majors' team called upon prosecutors to investigate Jabbari, she voluntarily reported into the New York Police Department's 10th precinct on Oct. 25 and was charged with third-degree domestic assault and criminal mischief. The Messenger exclusively broke the story of Jabbari's arrest.
However, the Manhattan District Attorney's Office later told The Messenger that Jabbari would not be prosecuted, as the charges against her lacked "prosecutorial merit." The case against Jabbari is now closed and sealed, the D.A.'s office confirmed.
Majors is set to be sentenced Feb. 6, 2024 and faces up to one year in jail. The Messenger has reached out to Marvel and Majors' team for comment.
- Christian Oliver’s Wife Mourns Husband and Daughters Following Tragic Plane CrashEntertainment
- Slipknot’s Corey Taylor Cancels Solo Tour Due to ‘Mental and Physical Health’Entertainment
- Golden Globes Prepare for Possible Protests Amid Israel-Hamas WarEntertainment
- John Mayer Confesses Surprising ‘Kink,’ as Well as Unexpected ‘Romantic Fantasy’Entertainment
- ‘Battlestar Galactica,’ ‘Law & Order’ Actor Harry Johnson Dies at 81Entertainment
- Carrie Underwood Reveals Surprising Favorite Workout Song: ‘Gets Me Going’Entertainment
- Lamar Odom Talks Ketamine Therapy Experience Following Matthew Perry’s Death: ‘You Can’t Do It on Your Own’Entertainment
- Ted Nugent Rejects Climate Change, Says ‘You Have to Have Sh– for Brains’ to Believe ItEntertainment
- Ben Affleck’s Full-Frontal Nudity in ‘Gone Girl’: Revisiting That Shower Scene 10 Years LaterEntertainment
- Who Is Golden Globes Host Jo Koy?Entertainment
- Here’s What the Golden Globes Looked Like 20 Years AgoEntertainment
- All the Movies and TV Specials About Tonya Harding’s Notorious Figure Skating SagaEntertainment