Jonathan Majors’ Ex Grace Jabbari Claims Actor Threw Candle at Her, Leaving Dent in the Wall
Grace Jabbari's testimony comes one day after attorneys detailed an explosive cab ride between the exes that led to Jonathan Majors' arrest
Jonathan Majors' accuser and former girlfriend, Grace Jabbari, took the stand Tuesday in the actor's domestic violence trial.
Jabbari began by detailing how their relationship began, meeting Majors when she was the movement director on the set of the film Ant-Man. "In one of the breaks he came over to me," she said, "and asked me what I was doing." After the two went on a date, their relationship progressed "fast."
However, Jabbari testified, things took a turn in December 2021 when Majors allegedly became angry with her when she was going to meet his dogs and mentioned an ex-boyfriend who also had a dog. By the summer of 2022, "He just exploded," Jabbari testified. "It was violent temper, rage, a bit of aggression."
On July 9, 2022, she claimed, Majors started throwing things at her. "The first thing that he threw was the candle," Jabbari alleged as she showed the jury a photo of the room. "The dent in the wall is one of candles. I took the photo because the shift in his temper was something that I was aware of. I just wanted to remember. I know I kept forgiving him but I wanted to have a bit of a memory of it."
However, Jabbari said, the incident brought them closer together. "I was saying to him, 'Please stop, calm down, you don't need to be doing this.' Then he started shaking and crying and saying he's a monster," Jabbari testified.
On Tuesday, the jury also heard a recording Jabbari made with her iPhone of Majors shouting at her, demanding she behave like Coretta Scott King or Michelle Obama. "I'm a great man. A great man. I do great things for my culture and for the world. ... The woman that supports me needs to be a great woman," Majors can be heard saying on the recording. "Two nights ago you did not do that. Which took away from the plan."
Jabbari, a British dancer and movement coach, previously accused the Creed III actor of assault and harassment, leading to his arrest in March.
- Jonathan Majors Threatened Suicide If Grace Jabbari Went to Hospital for Head Injury
- Jonathan Majors Will Not Testify in Grace Jabbari Assault Trial
- Jonathan Majors Trial: Inside the Actor’s Explosive Cab Ride Argument With Ex Grace Jabbari
- See the Chilling Texts Between Jonathan Majors and Ex Grace Jabbari Entered Into Courtroom Evidence
- Jonathan Majors Ex Grace Jabbari Defends Going to a Nightclub After Their Fight
- Jonathan Majors ‘Threatened Suicide’ After Fights With Grace Jabbari, District Attorney Claims at Trial
On Monday, their attorneys delivered their opening statements, detailing an explosive cab ride between the exes, after the trial was delayed for months.
Prosecutor Michael Perez accused Majors, who walked into court hand-in-hand with his mother and his girlfriend Meagan Good, of a "cruel and manipulative pattern of psychological and physical abuse that culminated in the end of their relationship." Majors even allegedly "threatened suicide after fights as a way to control her," Perez claimed.
The ADA claimed that Majors hit Jabbari repeatedly on March 25 after a fight that broke out in a cab over the Manhattan Bridge. Moments prior, Jabbari allegedly saw a text on Majors' phone from someone named "Cleopatra."
Majors' attorney, Priya Chaudhry, told the court his side of the cab ride, claiming he was the one who emerged from the SUV with injuries. Per the attorney, the actor was scared of Jabbari and ran away from her while she chased him through Manhattan streets.
A bloodied Majors supposedly went to a hotel to hide while Jabbari spent the night clubbing for hours, Chaudhry claimed.
Chaudhry described Majors as "a Black man who found his girlfriend unconscious in his closet, in America, called the police for help" just to find himself arrested minutes later.
She added that the case is not over the incident in the car, but rather about Jabbari and Majors' relationship ending. "The case is not about a crime, at least not one that Mr. Majors committed," she added.
The Messenger previously reported that Jabbari was charged with third-degree domestic assault and criminal mischief seven months after Majors' arrest — a move that was highly encouraged by Majors' legal team in the months leading up to the trial. However, the Manhattan District Attorney's Office told The Messenger that they would not be pursuing the charges against her.
Majors filed a cross-complaint against Jabbari claiming she scratched and hit him and sustained her own injuries after falling down later that night. Jabbari claimed she was hospitalized with minor injuries and has accused Majors of hitting her in the face, twisting her finger and grabbing her neck.
The actor has denied all of Jabbari's allegations through his attorney, Chaudhry.
- Christian Oliver’s Wife Mourns Husband and Daughters Following Tragic Plane CrashEntertainment
- Slipknot’s Corey Taylor Cancels Solo Tour Due to ‘Mental and Physical Health’Entertainment
- Golden Globes Prepare for Possible Protests Amid Israel-Hamas WarEntertainment
- John Mayer Confesses Surprising ‘Kink,’ as Well as Unexpected ‘Romantic Fantasy’Entertainment
- ‘Battlestar Galactica,’ ‘Law & Order’ Actor Harry Johnson Dies at 81Entertainment
- Carrie Underwood Reveals Surprising Favorite Workout Song: ‘Gets Me Going’Entertainment
- Lamar Odom Talks Ketamine Therapy Experience Following Matthew Perry’s Death: ‘You Can’t Do It on Your Own’Entertainment
- Ted Nugent Rejects Climate Change, Says ‘You Have to Have Sh– for Brains’ to Believe ItEntertainment
- Ben Affleck’s Full-Frontal Nudity in ‘Gone Girl’: Revisiting That Shower Scene 10 Years LaterEntertainment
- Who Is Golden Globes Host Jo Koy?Entertainment
- Here’s What the Golden Globes Looked Like 20 Years AgoEntertainment
- All the Movies and TV Specials About Tonya Harding’s Notorious Figure Skating SagaEntertainment
