John Oliver Suggests George Santos Should Join ‘Real Housewives,’ Pleads With Andy Cohen
'The truth is, this man never belonged in Congress, he belongs on Bravo,' John Oliver said of George Santos, who was expelled from Congress
John Oliver has some suggestions regarding what George Santos should do now that he's been expelled from Congress.
During an episode of HBO's Last Week Tonight, the late-night television host called on Bravo's Andy Cohen to cast Santos in the Real Housewives franchise due to his deceitfulness and poor behavior.
"The truth is, this man never belonged in Congress, he belongs on Bravo," Oliver stated, before laying out the multiple controversies Santos has been involved with since his run as a member of Congress.
"That kind of messiness isn't just 'friends of' behavior, it's full-on housewife," Oliver continued. "Santos was a match at giving us A-plus headlines like, 'George Santos has meltdown while holding mystery baby,' and by the way, when Santos was asked if that baby was his, his answer was, 'Not yet,' which is the single funniest possible answer."
Oliver added, "Santos clearly didn't deliver for his constituents but he delivered hard for the rest of us. And I don't want him to be in my government, and I don't want to sit next to him on an airplane, but I definitely want him in Andy Cohen's menagerie of damaged human beings. Call this man now, Cohen, and pay him what he is worth."
On Friday, the House voted 311-114 to expel Santos from Congress after he repeatedly defied calls for him to resign. The New York Republican is the sixth member to ever be expelled from the House and the first in two decades.
- Will Bravo Expand ‘Real Housewives’ Franchise to Additional Cities? Andy Cohen Explains
- George Santos: Does He Have a Future in Hollywood?
- Andy Cohen Sidesteps ‘Reality Reckoning’ Question, Says Bravo Brings Viewers ‘Joy’
- Andy Cohen Reveals He Was the Victim of Bank Fraud
- George Santos Not in Talks To Join ‘Dancing With the Stars’: Source
- Andy Cohen Could ‘Kill’ Himself for Turning Down Meghan Markle for ‘Watch What Happens Live’
Friday's vote to expel Santos was the third attempt this Congress, but the only one to cross the two-thirds threshold needed to remove him.
This effort succeeded where the others had failed, members said, because it followed the release of a House Ethics Committee report finding "substantial evidence" that Santos "knowingly" violated congressional ethics codes, filed false or incomplete campaign reports, used campaign funds for personal purposes and engaged in fraudulent activity.
Santos, who faces 23 federal criminal charges for similar allegations, has proclaimed his innocence and complained that his colleagues sought to act as his judge, jury and executioner.
- Christian Oliver’s Wife Mourns Husband and Daughters Following Tragic Plane CrashEntertainment
- Slipknot’s Corey Taylor Cancels Solo Tour Due to ‘Mental and Physical Health’Entertainment
- Golden Globes Prepare for Possible Protests Amid Israel-Hamas WarEntertainment
- John Mayer Confesses Surprising ‘Kink,’ as Well as Unexpected ‘Romantic Fantasy’Entertainment
- ‘Battlestar Galactica,’ ‘Law & Order’ Actor Harry Johnson Dies at 81Entertainment
- Carrie Underwood Reveals Surprising Favorite Workout Song: ‘Gets Me Going’Entertainment
- Lamar Odom Talks Ketamine Therapy Experience Following Matthew Perry’s Death: ‘You Can’t Do It on Your Own’Entertainment
- Ted Nugent Rejects Climate Change, Says ‘You Have to Have Sh– for Brains’ to Believe ItEntertainment
- Ben Affleck’s Full-Frontal Nudity in ‘Gone Girl’: Revisiting That Shower Scene 10 Years LaterEntertainment
- Who Is Golden Globes Host Jo Koy?Entertainment
- Here’s What the Golden Globes Looked Like 20 Years AgoEntertainment
- All the Movies and TV Specials About Tonya Harding’s Notorious Figure Skating SagaEntertainment