Israeli Festival Organizers Speak Out for First Time After Massacre
Organizers for Israel’s Supernova Sukkot Gathering have released their first statement since the massacre of hundreds of attendees at the festival in Re’im, Israel, on Oct. 7
Organizers for Israel’s Supernova Sukkot Gathering have released their first statement since the massacre of hundreds of attendees at the festival in Re’im, Israel, on Oct. 7.
The Tribe of Nova's statement, posted to social media, states in Hebrew and English that the organization offers its "sincere and heartfelt condolences to all the families, friends, partners, and couples who have lost their loved ones or have been affected by the tragic events that unfolded, following that magical night that turned into an exceedingly heavy morning."
It noted that what was meant to be a happy and fun electronic music event turned into "a scene of unspeakable tragedy, an inhumane war crime, and unprecedented violation of the most basic human values."
Furthermore, the organizers noted that they were "working hand in hand with security forces and authorities to help find answers and bring back all that those who can return to their families and friends," stating that they are “searching for those located in the disaster area, or other locations, recovering equipment from the site and its surroundings and, above all, ensuring the security of Israel.”
At least 260 people died at the festival over the weekend, multiple outlets reported.
Witnesses at the festival said terrorists, including some who appeared to be no older than 17, captured and sexually assaulted women, The Messenger previously reported.
"Women have been raped at the area of the rave next to their friends bodies, dead bodies,” one anonymous survivor told Tablet Magazine.
- Michelle Obama Speaks Out on Israeli Music Festival Massacre: ‘Those Kids Were the Age of My Daughters’
- Israeli Artists Craft Benefit Album ‘Bring Them Back’ for Victims of Supernova Music Festival Massacre
- Survivor of Israeli Music Festival Massacre Reunites With Family in Los Angeles
- American Survivor of Supernova Music Festival Massacre: ‘I Feel Safer’ in Israel Than in US
- Israeli Man Offered to Help Locate Bodies at Music Festival Massacre Site, Stole Trailer and $10K Instead: Police
- Secret Location of Israeli Music Festival May Have Been Exposed in Facebook Hack Before Hamas Massacre: Report
- Christian Oliver’s Wife Mourns Husband and Daughters Following Tragic Plane CrashEntertainment
- Slipknot’s Corey Taylor Cancels Solo Tour Due to ‘Mental and Physical Health’Entertainment
- Golden Globes Prepare for Possible Protests Amid Israel-Hamas WarEntertainment
- John Mayer Confesses Surprising ‘Kink,’ as Well as Unexpected ‘Romantic Fantasy’Entertainment
- ‘Battlestar Galactica,’ ‘Law & Order’ Actor Harry Johnson Dies at 81Entertainment
- Carrie Underwood Reveals Surprising Favorite Workout Song: ‘Gets Me Going’Entertainment
- Lamar Odom Talks Ketamine Therapy Experience Following Matthew Perry’s Death: ‘You Can’t Do It on Your Own’Entertainment
- Ted Nugent Rejects Climate Change, Says ‘You Have to Have Sh– for Brains’ to Believe ItEntertainment
- Ben Affleck’s Full-Frontal Nudity in ‘Gone Girl’: Revisiting That Shower Scene 10 Years LaterEntertainment
- Who Is Golden Globes Host Jo Koy?Entertainment
- Here’s What the Golden Globes Looked Like 20 Years AgoEntertainment
- All the Movies and TV Specials About Tonya Harding’s Notorious Figure Skating SagaEntertainment
