Geraldo Rivera Announces His Exit From Fox News’ ‘The Five’
'For the time being, I'm still Correspondent at Large,' the TV host wrote while confirming his departure from the panel talk show
The Five is about to be down a number.
That's because Geraldo Rivera announced Wednesday that he will be leaving the Fox News panel show next week, with his final appearances set for June 29 and 30.
"It's been a great run and I appreciate having had the opportunity," the host wrote on Twitter. "Being odd man out isn't always easy."
He will, however, remain at the network. "For the time being, I'm still Correspondent at Large," Rivera concluded.
Rivera's announcement comes on the heels of reports of tension behind the scenes of the talk show. In an interview with AP Wednesday, the host spoke candidly about the alleged difficulties that both on-camera talent and behind-the-scenes producers were having.
"There has been a growing tension that goes beyond editorial differences and personal annoyances and gripes. It's not worth it to me," Rivera said.
- Geraldo Rivera Announces Exit from Fox News After Being Fired from ‘The Five’
- Geraldo Rivera Suggests He May Leave Fox After Exiting ‘The Five’ Over ‘Growing Tension’
- Geraldo Rivera Celebrates Affirmative Action in Final Fox Appearance After 23 Years
- Geraldo Rivera Tells CNN ‘Embarrassment’ of Dominion-Fox Settlement ‘Really Woke Up’ the Network
- Geraldo Rivera Tells ‘The View’ a ‘Very Toxic Relationship’ with Co-Host Led to Him Quitting Fox News After Decades
- Geraldo Rivera Reflects on Trump Friendship: ‘I Feel Awful That He Made Me Dump Him’
"I'm 80 years old," he told AP. "I don't want the friction. The Five is too intimate a place and it gets too personal."
The Five is a political talk show featuring a rotating cast of guests from across Fox's shows. Rivera has long been a dissenting voice on the program, and previously worked at ABC News, CNBC and CBS before joining Fox as a war correspondent in 2001. He reportedly has a contract that will expire in 2025.
Rivera has also faced criticism from supporters of Donald Trump. Although the Celebrity Apprentice co-stars were formerly friends, their relationship became contentious after Trump made the claim that he won the 2020 election. Rivera now says he believes "under no circumstances do I think Donald Trump should be President of the United States again and that's an important message I am committed to bringing to the American people between now and November 2024."
- Get Ready for a Jane Austen-Themed February on Hallmark With Four Brand-New FilmsEntertainment
- Destiny’s Child Reunites to Sing Happy Birthday for Kelly Rowland’s HusbandEntertainment
- ‘Sweet Magnolias’ Star JoAnna Garcia Swisher Shares Season 4 Wishes for Maddie and Her Friends (Exclusive)Entertainment
- Skywalker Family Reunion: Mark Hamill ‘Finally’ Meets His ‘Star Wars’ Mother Natalie PortmanEntertainment
- No, Brad Pitt and Neri Oxman Never Dated Despite Rumor Reigniting Online: Source (Exclusive)Entertainment
- Mark Ruffalo Apologizes After Sharing AI-Generated Photos in Trump/Epstein-Related PostEntertainment
- Tyler Perry Mourns Death of 94-Year-Old Woman He Had Supported in Battle to Save Her HouseEntertainment
- Woman Who Waged Celeb-Backed Battle Against Developers to Keep Her Historic Home Dies at 94Entertainment
- Dean Cain Responds After Being Called a ‘No Talent Hack of a B-Rated Actor’Entertainment
- ‘Fauda’ Actor Reportedly Interviewed ‘Minutes’ Before He Was Injured in GazaEntertainment
- Jim Gaffigan Compares Celebrities to Pedophiles in Uncomfortable 2024 Golden Globes JokeEntertainment
- Selena Gomez Was Not Talking to Taylor Swift About Timothée Chalamet, Kylie Jenner at 2024 Golden Globes: SourceEntertainment