'Below Deck Down Under' Captain Jason Gives Update on Lala Kent and Ashley Darby Hookup Potential (Exclusive) - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

‘Below Deck Down Under’ Captain Jason Gives Update on Lala Kent and Ashley Darby Hookup Potential (Exclusive)

BravoCon's most eligible bachelor is just getting to know a few single moms around the convention

Captain Jason ChambersMark Rogers/Bravo

BravoCon's hottest commodity is Captain Jason Chambers, star of Below Deck Down Under. He may not be able to put his own contacts in, but he's still the most crushable guy in Las Vegas this weekend — and he's got a few of his own Bravo crushes, too.

Real Housewives of Potomac star Ashley Darby already said she wants to hook up with him, and he has said publicly that he wants to meet Vanderpump Rules' Lala Kent. Summer House star Lindsay Hubbard is so tired of everyone sharing their Captain Jason crush that she claims she's already over it. "Everyone's saying Captain Jason, so now I'm bored," she told The Messenger. "Now I don't even want to meet him." Sure, Lindsay.

So what are Captain Jason's thoughts on all the crushing and his BravoCon prospects? First, he shared that he and Ashley met last year, and they've "been in contact."

"She's got a child, we talk," the single dad told The Messenger. "Most of the people I connect with have a family, and that's kind of the basis of the communication at this point."

"He's like, do you have a kid? I've got a kid too, let's talk," added Chief Stew Aesha Scott, who has been very encouraging of her boss's potential dating life.

Jason also confirmed that he and Lala connected and "had a great chat."

"I got to know her a little bit, I think," he said, and acknowledged that she, too, has a young kid, and yeah, he's "at that age" where he likes single moms. He and Lala have not yet gotten as far as exchanging numbers, but when asked if he hopes to, he offered a coy, "I hope for everything."

Captain Jason also wouldn't commit to any dates or hookups just yet, as BravoCon is barely half over. "It's day two!" he said to the idea of a date. "I've still got another 36 hours to go, so..."

It can't be easy to be so popular, so hopefully Jason is keeping all options open. Who knows what might happen before BravoCon winds down on Sunday?

Below Deck Down Under wrapped up its second season back in September, but Bravo announced on Friday that a third season is in the works.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.