Beyoncé Still Broke Curfew Wednesday Night Despite Extension
The 'Break My Soul' singer’s show went past the 11 p.m. cut-off time with a three-hour show at the San Francisco 49ers home stadium
Although she got an hour extra to perform, Beyoncé still broke curfew on Wednesday night as her Renaissance World Tour stopped at Levi’s Stadium in the Bay Area area, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
The “Break My Soul” singer’s show went past the 11 p.m. cut-off time with a three-hour show at the San Francisco 49ers home stadium, located in the suburb of Santa Clara.
Beyoncé broke curfew as she segued from “Naughty Girl” to “Move,” as she continued her performance in front of a crowd of approximately 50,000 fans. Shortly after the singer broke curfew, the Chronicle’s A&E Editor Mariecar Mednoza took to X, formerly Twitter, to post video. “Looks like Queen B is breaking curfew 🤭,” she posted, adding, “I’ll tell you what, ain’t nobody cares she’s going over curfew 👑 🔥”
She also noted that “Beyoncé gave a grateful shout-out for being able to play at the home of a Super Bowl (again) 🤩”
Beyoncé’s curfew-breaking performance came after the Santa Clara City Council granted her an hour extension from the usual 10 p.m. cutoff at the stadium. The concert was one of five non-NFL events granted the privilege yearly.
However, Beyoncé didn’t appear on stage until nearly 9 p.m., an hour past the advertised show time, and the 35-song concert ran for three hours.
- Beyoncé Gets an Extra Hour on Curfew for Bay Area Show
- Beyoncé in Talks to Release Renaissance World Tour Concert Film Through AMC
- Here’s Why Beyoncé Asked Fans to Wear Silver at Final Renaissance Tour Dates
- Tina Knowles Says Beyoncé Is Having the ‘Time of Her Life’ During Renaissance World Tour (Exclusive)
- Beyoncé’s ‘Renaissance’ Tour Film: What To Expect
- Destiny’s Child Reunites to Support Beyoncé at Renaissance Tour Movie Premiere
The night before she broke curfew, the Santa Clara City Council proclaimed her honorary mayor and gave her the key to the city. “I’m so happy to be on this stage. … You know, today’s special, because today I am the mayor,” she said at the beginning of the concert, per the report. “I’m so honored. Thank you. This is my gratitude tour. I don’t take any of this for granted.”
This was the third time Beyoncé broke curfew at the venue. She previously did with during the On the Run II Tour in 2018, she co-headlined with her husband Jay-Z, as well as in 2016 on her solo Formation World Tour.
The powers that be at Levi’s Stadium, however, didn’t seem too upset about Queen Bey’s latest overtime run. “Despite the distraction over show run times, the reality is that Beyoncé’s Renaissance World Tour brought tens of thousands of visitors to our community and generated millions of dollars for local businesses, working families, and event day staff,” Al Guido, president of the 49ers, said in a statement to the Chronicle Thursday morning. “Beyoncé is a world-class artist who is giving her fans a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and we’re glad she chose Levi’s Stadium to do so. We look forward to welcoming her and any world-class artist who wants to entertain Bay Area fans to our venue.”
Beyoncé takes the Renaissance World Tour to SoFi Stadium in Inglewood, Calif. on Friday night.
- Skywalker Family Reunion: Mark Hamill ‘Finally’ Meets His ‘Star Wars’ Mother Natalie PortmanEntertainment
- No, Brad Pitt and Neri Oxman Never Dated Despite Rumor Reigniting Online: Source (Exclusive)Entertainment
- Mark Ruffalo Apologizes After Sharing AI-Generated Photos in Trump/Epstein-Related PostEntertainment
- Tyler Perry Mourns Death of 94-Year-Old Woman He Had Supported in Battle to Save Her HouseEntertainment
- Woman Who Waged Celeb-Backed Battle Against Developers to Keep Her Historic Home Dies at 94Entertainment
- Dean Cain Responds After Being Called a ‘No Talent Hack of a B-Rated Actor’Entertainment
- ‘Fauda’ Actor Reportedly Interviewed ‘Minutes’ Before He Was Injured in GazaEntertainment
- Jim Gaffigan Compares Celebrities to Pedophiles in Uncomfortable 2024 Golden Globes JokeEntertainment
- Selena Gomez Was Not Talking to Taylor Swift About Timothée Chalamet, Kylie Jenner at 2024 Golden Globes: SourceEntertainment
- More TikTokers Are Relaying Their Horrifying Experience on Alaska Airlines FlightEntertainment
- Ice Spice Teases New Song Via Viral Meme: ‘Bitch, You Not Even the Fart’Entertainment
- Pink Reveals She and Husband Carey Hart ‘Almost Didn’t Make It’ to 18th Wedding AnniversaryEntertainment
