Bebe Rexha Says 'Tour Must Go on' After Phone Incident - The Messenger
It's time to break the news.The Messenger's slogan

Bebe Rexha Says ‘Tour Must Go On’ Ahead of Philadelphia Show 2 Days After Being Hit in the Face

The 'Meant to Be' singer had to get stitches above her eye after a man, who has since been arrested, threw a phone at her during her New York City show Sunday night

Bebe Rexha attends the 62nd Annual GRAMMY Awards at STAPLES Center on January 26, 2020 in Los Angeles, California. Emma McIntyre/Getty Images

Bebe Rexha is gearing up for her Philadelphia concert just two days after she was struck in the face by a cellphone while performing at the Rooftop at Pier 17 in New York City on Sunday night. 

"Although the show ended in an unfortunate way it was still an amazing show in my hometown," the Bebe artist captioned a carousel of Instagram photos on Tuesday. "Thank you so much New York. I love you. The Tour must go on!!! Philly next! Which show [are] you coming to?!"

Rexha is set to perform Tuesday night at The Fillmore in Philadelphia.

The "I'm Good (Blue)" singer, who is currently in the middle of the North American leg of her Best F*n Night of My Life Tour, previously told fans she was "good" in a TikTok video posted one day after the attack.

"I'm good, yeah, I'm feeling alright," she sang in the clip while removing her sunglasses, revealing her black eye and stitches. 

Bebe Rexha performs onstage at the amfAR Gala Los Angeles 2021 honoring TikTok and Jeremy Scott at Pacific Design Center on November 04, 2021 in West Hollywood, California.
Bebe Rexha performs onstage at the amfAR Gala Los Angeles 2021 honoring TikTok and Jeremy Scott at Pacific Design Center on November 04, 2021 in West Hollywood, California.Ryan Emberley/amfAR/Getty Images

The three-time Grammy Award nominee also posted photos of her injuries to Instagram with a similar caption, giving a thumbs up in one of the pictures. 

"Love you girly.. I'm so sorry this happened to you," Demi Lovato wrote in the comments, while Selling Sunset star Chrishell Stause added, "I hope they caught the person—this is awful. So sorry that happened."

A fan video posted to Twitter the night of the incident shows the phone flying out of the audience and hitting the singer in the face. In the clip, Rexha can be seen falling to the ground before her team helped her off the stage. 

The person responsible for throwing the phone has since been identified as New Jersey resident Nicolas Malvagna, who was arrested and charged with assault shortly after the ordeal, The Messenger confirmed with the New York Police Department. Daily Mail was the first to report on Malvagna's arrest.

The Messenger Newsletters
Essential news, exclusive reporting and expert analysis delivered right to you. All for free.
 
By signing up, you agree to our privacy policy and terms of use.
Thanks for signing up!
You are now signed up for our newsletters.