Bebe Rexha is getting honest about what it's like to struggle with health and fame.
In a candid interview on The Jennifer Hudson Show Thursday, the singer opened up about her polycystic ovary syndrome (or PCOS) diagnosis.
Following a conversation about Rexha's songwriting process, Hudson asked the singer about how she implements body positivity into her life — particularly after a social media incident where TikTok viewers commented on her weight gain.
The "I'm Good (Blue)" singer recalled coming across a TikTok video of herself as she scrolled through social media.
- ‘Glee’ Star Amber Riley Opens Up About Overcoming Addiction Following Rise to Fame
- Melissa McCarthy Opens Up About What Made Her Take the Role of Ursula in ‘Little Mermaid’
- Kelly Slater Shares Olympic Dreams and Opens Up About His Fear of Dying
- Dolph Lundgren Recalls 8 Years of Cancer Treatment Following 2015 Diagnosis
- Dwayne Johnson Opens Up About His History With Depression
"A video of me popped up, and then I was like, 'Let me read the comments,'... which, the number one rule [is] don't read the comments," Rexha shared. "And the first thing up top was 'Bebe Rexha weigh gain.'"
"We're in 2023, we should not be talking about people's weight," she said to applause from Hudson's audience.
"Listen, we're in the public eye, so [social media hate is] bound to happen," Rexha added. "I was a lot thinner and I did gain some weight. That comes with the territory. I'm not mad about it because it is true, but when you see things like that, it does mess with you."
Rexha went on to share more about her PCOS diagnosis.
"A lot of women have this and they don't know about it," she shared. "It's one of the leading causes of why women gain weight and are obese... We gotta be positive and just show people love."
You are now signed up for our newsletter.
- Jax Taylor Reflects on Being Roommates with Channing Tatum During Modeling DaysEntertainment
- Kate Beckinsale Reveals How Keanu Reeves Saved Her from a Wardrobe MalfunctionEntertainment
- Reality TV Producers Aren’t the ‘Conniving, Shady’ Stereotypes You Might Expect, Says ‘The Ultimatum: Queer Love’ ProducerEntertainment
- ‘Big Brother’ Alum Tommy Bracco Engaged to Joseph MacliEntertainment
- ‘Chicago P.D.’ Season 11: Cast, Release Date and Everything to KnowEntertainment
- Tan France and Husband Rob Welcome Baby No. 2 via SurrogateEntertainment
- Third Man Charged in 2002 Murder of Run-DMC’s Jam Master JayEntertainment
- ‘Black Mirror’ Season 6 Trailer and Premiere Date Revealed by NetflixEntertainment
- ‘Chicago Fire’ Season 12: Cast, Release Date and Everything to KnowEntertainment
- Al Pacino, 83, Expecting Baby with Girlfriend, 29Entertainment
- Summer Reads: Unveiling the Hottest Books of the SeasonEntertainment
- ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ Star Erika Jayne Is Not Dating Jim WilkesEntertainment